Annabeth threw down her pencil and stood. "Then maybe you should design a chariot with him." She was starting to lose her composure.

"Maybe I should."

"Fine!"

"Fine!"

She stormed off and left me feeling even worse than before. I heard a crowd of screeches from somewhere off in the distance.

Y/N came back laughing to himself with an empty bucket. "I washed that tacky makeup off their faces." He kept cackling and sat down, tossing the bucket off to the side, going over more plans. Then he looked around and raised an eyebrow.

"Where'd Annabeth go? What did you do?"

I explained everything to him, and a somber expression took over his face. He took a deep breath, grimaced at me and ran off as well.

***

[Annabeth's POV]

I know I'd hardly told anyone that wasn't there about what happened, but I shouldn't need to.

My gods, why is Percy such an idiot? I just kept asking myself these questions while a silent anger built in my stomach. I was curled up on my bed in Cabin 6.  I tried to contain the frustration, but with Thalia's tree being poisoned, Luke being an awful traitorous piece of...

I couldn't keep myself together. Fortunately, the cabin was empty. Everyone was either doing their daily scheduled cabin activities or something else. It was just me. Alone. Like I always really was.

A soft knocking at the cabin door pulled me out of my thoughts. I took a warbled breath and patted my hair down. It was always a bit of a mess. Dragging my feet, not really thinking about much but getting to my destination, somehow I reached the door.

As soon as the door cracked open, I was engulfed in a hug. I got pushed a bit further into the cabin and the hugger kicked the door closed. He started whispering, "You don't need to say anything. It's okay. I already know what happened."

A tear started brimming from my eye, and Y/N's gentle whispering wasn't helping me keep it there. I hugged him back, and he squeezed me tighter, then it all started pouring out. A full wave of emotions hit me, and he just stood there and took it.

He sat there and held me while I drenched his shoulder. Finally, I realized what was going on. I jumped out of his arms, turning quickly so I could gather myself. I couldn't let someone see me like this.

Wise, brainiac, never faltering Annabeth. That's me. I walked back over to my bed and laid down, facing away from anybody.

Footsteps alerted me that he was still here, albeit behind me and out of my sight. I felt my bed creaking and sinking and Y/N cleared his throat. He softly stifled a laugh. "You know, I've only been in this cabin once before now. I think it was before you even got here, Einstein. Not much has changed. Just got more beds occupied."

I could practically see that smirk he always had on his face. I didn't say anything, trying to get him to go away, so I could be alone and deal with my problems, like I always did. With a well thought out plan.

He clapped his hands on his knees. "You're not going to talk to me about it are you?" I gave no response, except for a weak exhale, trying to regain regulation on myself. "I don't blame you." I felt my bed return to its prior state.

He stood up. "Well. If you ever decide you do want to talk about it, I'm all ears. And even if you don't, that's fine too. I just want to make sure you aren't going to do anything irrational. Not without me at least. Being crazy is my thing."