Bull Fighting

Depuis le début

Annabeth rummaged through her backpack and cursed. "I had a jar of tropical coconut scent sitting on my night-stand at home. Why didn't I bring it?"

"Probably because you wouldn't imagine needing FPS 50,000 on a given day." Maybe I should see if Lou Ellen can make a magic bag that has everything the owner would need...

DAMN IT!

LOU ELLEN!

She still had my armor and now I was unprotected by anything but my own battle instincts. Which means, not very well protected.

"Look, I don't know what you're talking about, but I'm not going to let Tyson get fried." Percy spat.

"Percy- " Annabeth stammered.

"Tyson, stay back." he raised the sword. "I'm going in."

I tried to stop him, but he was already running off toward the battlefield. I shook my head and looked at Annabeth. "He's going to get killed one of these days, and I'm not going to take responsibility for it." I said. She massaged her temples and we charged off after him.

Annabeth threw on her hat of invisibility and taunted a bull. It saw me, and I figured I was the one making fun of it. As soon as I neared the bull, I was sweating. A wall of fire blew past me. I skidded to a halt, and almost fell to my feet.

A large boulder was hurled at me, and my body reacted before my brain luckily, as I dropped my sword. One of the scattered demigods ran past and tripped over the weapon. One of the bulls stamped it's feet and charged.

"Oh jeez." I scampered to my feet and lunged toward the warrior. The bull was a few feet away when my body made contact with theirs. Fortunately, the momentum let both of us evade the bull.

Unfortunately, the demigod's landing broke his arm. I sighed and looked back at where my sword was supposed to be. There were multiple different shards of bronze stomped into the dirt. My sword was also broken.

"Fantastic. Give me that and go find an Apollo kid!" I yelled to the other demigod, ripping his weapon away. He scrambled out of sight while I took his sword and stood in front of the bull. It stared me down, and snorted smoke.

"I've fought things bigger than you before! You got nothing I haven't seen already. Bring it!" The bull cocked it's head and started making crashing mechanical clanking. It opened up wide, and I heard sparking.

"Ok. I haven't actually seen that before." Million degree flames sprayed at me and I dove to the side. A tree behind me was torched. It started creaking and cracking where it was burned. The tree fell hard on the bull, but the only thing that happened was that the tree shattered into a countless amount of wooden splinters.

"Ok. It's gonna be like that is it?" I muttered, already tired, and trying my best to keep my calm.

I tried to adjust my grip on the new blade, but it was a different size than I was used to. I'd have to get Charlie to put a new one together once all this was done. I threw the sword, blade down into the dirt and scraped my foot on the ground like the bull had. This plan was being made up by the second, and the lucky thing is that common sense wasn't inhibiting me.

It didn't have real eyes, but you could still see the glare the bull sent my way. The mechanical menace widened it's stance, lowered it's head, and snorted again. It charged, exactly how I wanted it to. I think. Like I said, I'm making this up as I go.

As the bull neared, I squatted and jumped, landing flat on the bull's back. I nearly slid off but managed to maintain my spot on the saddle-lacking bovine. I flipped around and grabbed onto the bull's horns. It's head shook wildly, and I was reminded of the one time I saw Percy try a rodeo bull. He lasted something like 5 seconds. So far, I was beating that record.