028. don't care i'm having fun

En başından başla

"i wasn't planning on having much anyway.. just a couple to settle my nerves."

"alright"

the pair fell into slight silences, listening to the music as they drove the rest of the way and liberty texted with jack to make sure she wasn't going to be alone when she got there and then continuing to talk till they arrived.

"you'll text me if you need me?" daniel looked over at the girl after he had pulled into an empty parking space out the front of the bowling alley.

"no you spend time with violet. i'm not bothering you, she's gonna think i'm clingy."

he subtly shook his head at her and repeating; "but you'll text if you need me?"

"yeah yeah okay," she sarcastically replied as she undone her seatbelt.

"have fun," he sent her a small smile.

"you have fun!" she returned one as she opened the door.

then getting out of the car and taking her few belongings, the two friends exchanged another goodbye before she walked into the bowling alley.
once inside, her eyes almost instantly landing on jack with his friends as he too noticed her, which prompted him to stand up and walk over.

"hey lil," he placed a quick peck on her lips.

"hey.."

"i got you a claw already- it's not open and no one's touched it, i remember you being very selective about who can get your drinks and watches them, but i just grabbed it when the rest of us were getting drinks so it saves you going over."

"thank you. but i trust you, you're my friend."

a little over a hour passed by and the group of ten had switched their group around a bit and was now playing a second round of bowling. liberty was a couple drinks deep and was definitely feeling a lot more relaxed around the new people.

"lil," jack called out to the girl who was distracted as she got to know the others they were out with. "are you gonna eat some pizza?"

"m-mh," she quickly shook her head in disagreement before turning her attention straight back to the other girls.

jack watched for her a couple more seconds then looking back over to their lane, watching his ex bandmate take his second bowl. a few of them soon laughing and playfully teasing zach as he missed one singular pin.

"you suck!" liberty joking called out.

"i wanna see you do better," he replied, gesturing to the lane as it was now her turn.

"alright, i will!" she let out a small hum as she hoped up.

"bet."

zach folded his arms as he turned around basically where he was stood, eyes following her as she went over and grabbed a ball. rolling it without any thought, the girl then bursted out in laughter and turned around to see the rest reacting the same as the ball went straight into the gutter.

"yeah, you're definitely better than me," zach snickered before going to sit down.

"hey i got another go, don't get too head of yourself!"

"lil, let me teach you how to bowl-"

"i don't need a man's help," she unintentionally cut jack off, folding her arms as she waited for her ball to cycle back around.

"at least put the guards up so you can get some points," he chuckled.

"don't care, i'm having fun."

jack softly smiled as he continued to keep his eyes on her, meanwhile liberty grabbed the bowling ball and took her a little longer to position herself better than she had prior.