Chapter 2

It was an unusual day. For some reason Alpha had revived mail.

She looked at who sent it.

'Your 'father' Alpha raised an eyebrow. 'Who?'

She slowly opened the small letter to find something unexpected. It was a photo and a small letter.

'Dear, Alpha or Hotaru Kiyoshi

I know you must have forgotten already, but this here is a picture of your past self. Good luck and don't forget you mustn't tell anyone who and what you are. Do NOT get close to anyone.

P.S: Throw this letter away once you finish reading.

From your 'father'

A girl with long black hair tied in low braids smiled brightly. Her smile as warm as the sun, her eyes as blue as the ocean. A warm white coat wrapped around her tiny shoulders. Alpha couldn't believe it.

"W-what?" Alpha was extremely shocked. 'This is me? I can't believe-' her thoughts were interrupted by the sound of footsteps. She turned around to see one of the Karlsland marching by. She bowed in greeting, the black haired Karland nodded her head in response.

Her eyes never taken off as she walked past Alpha. Her eyes then looked at the picture in Alpha's hands. She then marched off ike nothing happened.

Alpha breathed a huge sigh. 'Why am I even here again?' She looked down at the letter again. 'Father is clearly a code name...' she frowned before stuffing the picture into her breast pocket. The usual droopy tail wagged slowly left to right.

A huge weight lifted off of Alpha's chest. She had a true name and that was more than enough to comfort her. But something still weighed her down. Just what was it?

'Hotaru Kiyoshi! That's my name.' Alpha remembered as she smiled. She ran up to the roof to relax, a big smile on her face.

She ended up falling asleep on the roof for once.

~Alpha's dreams~

"Aaaaaaaaaah!!!!!" Alpha screamed in pain.

"Stop." A tall man ordered. "This enough for today."

Alpha's body fell limp to the floor. The tall man grinned viciously. Her own body covered in her own blood.

"My beautiful 'daughter' you did well." He smirked as he caressed her bloodied silver hair. "All your injuries are gone! The project will be a success!!!!"

"P-pls s-sto-" the world went black

~dream end~

Alpha woke up sweatier than usual. Her hands shaking. The morning sun on her face.

'What was I dreaming about?' Alpha thought shakily. Again a weight was put onto her small unstable shoulders.

***

After that I decided to take a walk around the base. It was a great way to calm my nerves. But I ended up running into the Suomus flight officer.

'What was her name again?'

I nodded her way as I walked passed her. But I didn't notice that my picture slipped out of my pocket.

"Ah! Alpha..." The Sumous witch called out to me. "You dropped this."

"O-oh thank you." I bowed slightly as I took back the picture. 'I better hurry back before I run into the other night witch.'