I was so confused about why she had done that, until she nuzzled her head into my chest. I looked up to find Danielle looking in our direction and started to feel a little bad. It wasn't until Danielle gave me a head nod, that I realized they had talked things through and decided to let each other go.

- Haerin POV-

Danielle had been so kind about the entire situation. She told me about how she still wanted to be friends and that, even if it hurt her, she'd be happy to see me finally get with Y/n. She'd be happy to see me finally get what I wanted.

So, with Dani's validation, when Y/n came back from going into town, I ran straight into their arms.

"Hey, you okay?" Y/n hugged me tightly and kiss my forehead.

"Mhm, I just missed you," I nuzzled deeper into their chest.

"Alright!" Y/n sighed out in relief.

For the rest of the day, everyone started to get ready for the New Year. It was the day just before New Year's Eve, but everyone had been a bit too distracted to realize.

When I finally got a hold of myself and all my emotions, it was almost 3 hours to the new year.

"Are you okay?" Y/n asked a bit concerned.

There was moments in life where I would just complete blackout or disassociated, so when I came to it I was a bit confused.

"Umm, yeah. Just a little tired!" I gave the same excuse I always did.

"Okay," I suddenly felt Y/n wrap their arm around my waist.

It felt like now that I knew Y/n liked me back, I had no idea what was normal behavior for us and what was new.

I knew that feelings behind everything were new, but not the actions.

After all, I didn't want to hurt Danielle and I didn't want to freak Y/n out for going too fast with whatever way we decided to take our feelings.

"It's so funny that in Korea it's already New Year's, but we're still in New Year's Eve!" Hyein suddenly exclaimed.

"I know! It's like we traveled back in time!" Hanni unnie stated.

"We could probably take a flight to America and keep flying back in time," Y/n joined in the conversation.

I couldn't help but lock my fingers into the hand that was holding my hips.

"Even if we did that, the flight would take longer than the time zone difference. It would be a little hard to catch each countdown," Minji unnie seemed a little cold.

Y/n suddenly let go of my hip and I knew they were trying to be respectful too.

I don't know what happened between them, but I knew that Y/n at least had an interest in Minji when they were in college together. Y/n always talked about her when they came home for the weekend, but it seemed like nothing had come of those feelings.

"I mean it would be a long shot, but it would still be really cool!" Y/n playfully rolled their eyes at Minji unnie.

Minji unnie couldn't hold back a smirk.

I sighed of relief when I saw her full smile. It looked like Y/n and Minji were doing just fine in their friendship.

"Do you want some ice coffee?" Dani suddenly asked.

Danielle had always made me the best home made ice coffee and she knew that. I knew she was doing her best to keep things normal between us.

"Yeah, thank you," I tapped Y/n on the shoulder to let them know I was walking off with Dani.