Staying With Them A While

Depuis le début

The house is massive, and I cover my mouth to keep in an audible gasp

The house is massive, and I cover my mouth to keep in an audible gasp. Both men looked at me confused before realizing and smiling in understanding. “I’ll send someone to get your car tomorrow. I have plenty of clothes that I’m positive could fit you in a spare bedroom. You’ll stay there while you’re helping us.” Glenn said.
“Us?” I asked confused.

“I’ll need your help with some things as well.” Mark said. He gave no real hint as to what I might be doing. I sighed, nodding in understanding. Once we got out of the car, Glenn and Mark gave me a tour of the giant house before finally showing me to my bedroom. “This is where you’ll be staying while you’re with us.” Mark said, opening the bedroom door, my jaw quite literally dropped.

” Mark said, opening the bedroom door, my jaw quite literally dropped

There’s a basketball themed bedroom, a hangout room, a bathroom, and a gaming room all connected

There’s a basketball themed bedroom, a hangout room, a bathroom, and a gaming room all connected. I thanked them both profusely for it all. “I’m going to assume that this means you like it.” Mark said with a smile as I jumped up and down unable to contain my excitement. 

“Take a shower and get on some clean clothes. Dinner will be ready by the time you’re out. Then we’ll talk about what needs to be done work wise. I nodded and quickly grabbed a pair of shorts and a big baggy T-shirt from the large closet and hopped into the shower. I relaxed and almost forgot he said he’d have dinner ready. My stomach growled at the thought of a hot meal, and I hopped out the shower and got dressed. I quietly made my way downstairs trying to keep from disturbing anything. I stopped in the hallway as I heard whispering in the kitchen. 

“I’m serious Mark, don’t get attached to the kid, she’s here for work and then she’s leaving.” As much as I knew that was true, hearing it stung me a little. I should start thinking of where to go after this. I needed to find a job and get on my feet.  

“You know I’ve always wanted a kid Glenn; I can’t help it…  If she’s sleeping in her car like you said, there’s obviously more going on. Let’s take care of her until she can get back on her feet. It isn’t like we don’t have the money for it. We are more than financially stable, why not invest in her, I have a feeling she’s a good kid.” Mark pleaded with his brother. 

“She trespassed on private property, and you think she’s a good kid?” Glenn states in response. I rolled my eyes at that. I told him more than once it was an accident. 

“She was sleeping in her car Glenn, come on. We have a chance to change a kid’s life. Who knows, it might get her to open up a bit, this is the only chance I’ve got at having a kid with how busy our work schedule is.” Mark pleaded once again. 

“Fine Mark, but if something goes wrong, it’s on you.” Glenn responds as they finish cooking. I walked in acting like I hadn’t heard a word of their previous conversation.

“I was starting to think you fell asleep in there.” Mark said as he set the dinner table. I gave a small smile as I grabbed the other set of utensils and set the other side of the table. This made Mark and Glenn both smile in surprise. They nodded approvingly before we all sat down and ate dinner together. We talked and laughed a bit until finally dinner was over.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks for reading 💙 I hope you enjoyed.