Ginger Snapped

Monday

Lynn Sr. rolled off his side and onto his back. The light of the rising sun was muted behind the burgundy drapes and the only sound was Rita's soft snoring. He swung his legs over the side of the bed to stand in his slippers. He changed into his usual clothes and headed down to the ground floor to make breakfast.

He walked across the lobby and into the diner. He went to the tables they pushed together where he had left the TV remote. He picked it up and pressed the power button. The screen came to life showing a slow moving slide show of the resort. He pressed the channel button and a notification popped up that the TV could not connect. He turned it off and shoved the remote in his pocket.

He entered the kitchen and tossed the remote onto one of the metal work stations. He began gathering up the ingredients from the fridge to cook breakfast. As he grabbed a carton of eggs he saw some boxes of gingerbread houses. That should give the kids something to do today.

He began cooking breakfast as the kids began to walk into the diner. He began sliding the waffles onto the plate before carrying them out to his family.

"Good morning everyone. How was your sleep?"

"My sleep was adequate," Lisa said.

"Same here po- Achoo!"

"You good Luna?"

"Yeah, just a little cold, nothing I can't handle."

He came to the last chair, an empty seat. He wondered who was missing until he remembered he had kept Junior restrained last night.

"I'm going to go get LJ untied," he started to say.

"I already untied her," Lucy said.

"Thank you Lucy. I'm going to be checking around the hotel for any damage."

"Okay Dad."

"Oh, there's some gingerbread kits in the kitchen if you're interested."

"Alright. Bye Dad." He left the diner to go check the water works to see if any of the pipes had burst when Lynn Jr. froze over the hotel. It would only take a short while then he would be back with the kids.

Lynn slowly woke up. She didn't seem to be under the influence of whatever Lisa had poked her with earlier. She stretched and noticed she wasn't tied down anymore. The jump ropes were laying on the ground next to the chair along with her red and white jersey and shorts, neatly folded up.

She stood up from the chair and changed into her usual attire. She wadded up her snow clothes and took them back down to her room. She opened up one of the drawers with her foot and dropped it in. She wouldn't be needing it anytime soon. She left the room and headed downstairs.

When she got to the diner she saw that her siblings were in the middle of eating breakfast. She slowly walked in trying not to draw attention to herself. She sat down next to Lucy, who kept on eating her meal without looking at her. The sound of conversations grew dimmer as they realized that Lynn had rejoined them.

She began picking at her waffles. She took a few bites before flickering her eyes up. They all seemed to be glaring at her. She took another bite before bringing and keeping her eyes up. Lisa, Lana, Lucy and Lincoln didn't take much notice of her. Lola, Luan, Luna and Leni, the ones she did get yesterday had small but noticeable frowns.

"Uh... good morning," she said.

"Morning," Lola snapped. "So nice of you to join us."

"There's no hard feelings, right?"