“I’ll take that as a compliment, now get in here and help me.”

“Ohhhh.” Cedric winced. “Sorry Fal, gotta help Miyu with decorations.”

“You’d help her before you help your own boyfriend?”

“Not true.” He stepped in kissing him. “I’ll come right after.”

“You can’t cover it up with a kiss you know.”

“How about two kisses.” Cedric pursed his lips and Fallon dusted him with flour.

“Hey!”

While they played with the flour, Ezra walked, nose deep in his music sheets, to his room, texted Ingrid, quickly prepare himself and definitely fixed his hair.

After fifteen minutes, he walked out, guitar in hand, down the hall and down the stairs. Entering the citadel, he was greeted by the guards and his sister coming from the opposite direction.

“You’re ready?” She said. “I stalled him in the garden as much as I could after you texted me.”

“Yea.” He said, tuning his guitar. “I’m ready.”

“Hey.” Ingrid cupped his face. “You got this. He’ll love it because he loves you.”

“Thanks Ingrid.”

“Good, now go be romantic and mushy.”

“Yeah, bye now.”

She laughed and when Ezra reached the garden, Henry sat under the white and lavender laced stand, decorated with streamers and balloons.

“Henry?”

Henry looked to Ezra. His dashing and strapping prince dressed in a blue and white suit while he wore- well was forced by his maids to wear- a perfectly tailored yellow and white suit.

“Hey, what’s up?” Henry said.

Ezra breathed, putting the guitar strap over his neck and ripping his sweaty palms on his pants.

“I have something I want to… well I can’t say give you… uhhh… sing to you.”

“Oh?” Henry turned, giving him his full attention.

“I didn’t write it, but the song explains perfectly how I feel about you and… I wanted to play it for you.”

“Wait…” Henry scrutinized the guitar. “I recognize the guitar. You bought it when we were in Sorden.”

“Yeah. Since I didn’t want to deprive your dad of his guitar, I bought this and learned how to play this song for you and… I hope you like it.”

“Ezzy…” Henry stood and held his hand. “I already love it and I haven’t heard it yet.”

“Well my sweet Henny Benny, please, sit and I’ll serenade you.”

Henry chuckled and did as he was told.

“The name of this song is Wanderlust, by Eloise.” Turning the guitar, he began, and his voice was a soothing symphony. “I could write a hundred different poems under candlelight pouring my beating heart out into every line. But words don’t know the way that you look in my eyes, they’ll never know the feeling. Ho I’m with you is beyond me, and for the life of me I can’t see, how I deserve you…”

With every beat of the chorus, Henry covered his eyes brimming with tears. His heart overflowed with a million and more words for how much he absolutely and undoubtedly loved Ezra. When the song was complete, Ezra then pulled out a ring from his pocket and Henry gasped.

“Henry, I love you so much I can feel you in every cell and vein in my body. I love you so much you not only have my heart, but my soul. You are more than everything I could have asked for in a boyfriend, and if you say yes, you will be more than everything I can ask for in a husband. I love you more than the word love itself. So Henry, will you make me, more than just the happiest, more than the luckiest man in the galaxy, and marry me?”

Henry nodded, too chocked by his own tears to say yes. And with a ring on his finger, he and Ezra stood up and kissed each other as if tomorrow was a distance dream, never to come again.

Two Days Later.✧

Everyone’s mother and child assembled in the throne room and the citadel. Speakers and T.Vs were posted ever to the garden for the bevvy of people in the palace was that grand.

On the stage of the throne, Queen Benedetta and King Astride sat in their thrones, while Cedric stood at the King’s side.

At the front of the stage, Henry could see his future husband, Miyu, his adoptive parents, Fallon, and even his turtle at the front of everyone, watching as he bowed for the King and Queen to bestow upon him the title of crowned prince.

“Henry Moné.” King Astride said. “Do you promise to carry out the duties of a crowned prince? To serve your kingdom and its people? And to rule with love, compassion and equality?”

“I do.” Henry replied.

“Well, without further ado, raise your head.”

Henry stood as his father placed the crown on his head, announcing to the world, that he is now…

“You are now Crowned Prince Henry.”

Everyone couldn’t wait to erupt into cheer. The earth probably shook with the thunderous claps of more than one million people watching.

“Long live King Henry! Long live King Henry!” They chanted, and as the cheers shimmered, King Astride said: “Do you have any final remarks to make to the people you have sworn to protect?”

“Yes.” Henry said, walking to the edge of the stage and clearing his throat. “For fuck’s sake, what’s a guy gotta do to drop the formalities? It’s Henry. Just. Henry.”

”