The Heart of The Jungle ~Part 2~

Start from the beginning

"No Clayton," Jane started, "We agreed not to harm the gorillas." Clayton rolled his eyes again and put away the rope.

We all continued to follow Tarzan through the jungle, waiting to find something, and then we came upon what looked like an empty and shortly abandoned gorillas nest.

"There were gorillas here..." Jane said amazed as her father examined one of the nests.

"Yes there were, they were here perhaps about a day ago."

"Oh sure this helps," Clayton complained. "An empty gorilla nest."

"Well its a start," Jane said and then looked to Tarzan. "Thank you Tarzan this helps."

"When gorillas move their nest.." the professor casually talked as he looked in the empty nests with a magnifying class. "They commonly nest about 100-200 yards away from their previous one."

"Yes well, that could be in any direction Archimedes." Clayton said.

"That is true, well this will give us a bit more of an adventure yes!" the professor smiled happily and elbowed Clayton lightly and then went on about his business. And yet again Clayton rolled his eyes and shook his head.

"Senile old man..." Clayton muttered then spoke louder. "Well it seems their is nothing for us here, lets head back."

"Oh yes perhaps I'll prepare som tea when we get back." the professor said. They both started to walk back in the direction we came, and as Renxsuke and I started to follow, I noticed Tazan taking Jane off somewhere.

"Its none of your business so don't worry about it," Renxsuke said. I just rolled my eyes a him and kept walking.

When we reached the campsite the sun was long gone and the stars had been saying hello for about an hour now. After we had all settled in a tent, ready to sleep, I noticed Renxsuke was still outside by the fire. So I went out to ask him why.

"Hey, what are you still doing out here?" I asked as I sat next to him.

"I'm not a people person remember...go inside and sleep, you don't have to stay here."

"Is that concern I hear?" I teased.

"Caution. you won't be up to par at all if you don't get any sleep then I'd have to spend my time saving you."

"I can take care of myself."

"Sure Sure..." then he took off his hood revealing his face once again. "Go back in the tent and sleep."

"I'm fine here, and you're not suppose to be telling me what to do either."

"We never agreed on that."

"Oh whatever," I said as I laid down on the ground.

"Still wanna know my story?"

"What?"

"You heard me, you apparently want to hear my life story right?"

"Yeah? I guess...if you want to share it, " I said as I sat back up next to him. I was so curious to where this all came from so suddenly why now...in this type of atmosphere? Or maybe he just needed someone to talk to...and I just happened to be here.

"Then listen up..." then he looked at me. "You cold or something? You're shaking. Or are you scared?" he taunted.

"No!"

"So you're cold then?"

"No, I'm fine."

"You're a bad liar..." he took off his cloak and put it over me and then pulled me over leaving his arm around me. I found myself blushing instantly, and I made sure to look down so he couldn't see my face. "Don't think anything of this....don't need you getting sick...." of course that's all it was, it'd be nice if he actually voiced his concern instead of hiding it like he hides everything else.

"Well....I can lie when I need to...I don't necessarily have the type of heart for lying unless its to protect myself or others..."

"So I guess that heart of yours isn't all dark after all..."

"Whatever...now talk..." I was still trying to get over the current position...him holding me so close..in this atmosphere...it was sort of romantic....even though I don't have the first clue of romance even though I'm 17. In a way it was sort of nice....it was different...oddly I felt comfortable. "I'm listening..."

He chuckled, "You  seemed deep in thought...." Even when he's not looking at me this guy can still read me like a book.

"I wasn't...now get talking...stop stalling."

"Alright, fine," he chuckled.