Prologue

SENSITIVE CONTENT
—————-
PROLOGUE

It was cold and dark. I couldn't even close my eyes to go to sleep. I was scared , I was shivering on the cold floor. What did I ever do to deserve this, I don't know?

"How can she be so..soo cruel to a 16 year old.", my voice cracking but I was barely able to whisper out the words. And it's not the first time, that it happened, ever since I can remember it had been the same.

The excruciating pain on my back was making it even more harder for me to atleast have a little sleep so that I can forget all the suffering of today. But i couldn't.

I've been thrown out of the palace's servent quarter to today by THE PRINCESS. A sarcastic snort left my mouth.

"Some princess she is....", which lead by a hiss of pain as I tried to turn.

Just because a boy, a royal family's member tried to help me when I was being punished for who knows what?

Our princess "Pratima Devi" felt an insult, resulting into 25 more lashes, as if the first 25 weren't enough.

I could hardly walk after that, resulting into my unconscious. What happened after that?, even I don't know. Why would I burden my mind,  anyway, Atleast I was away from them in some healer's house.

I won't hide, I was scared of what might happen next so, just after getting back to my consciousness I tried to run away but obviously like always my luck betrayed me.

A soldier saw me and dragged me from there. "You are hereby forbidden to enter palace grounds after dusk. The princess wants you to stay away from anyone in palace as well as sleep in servants quarter.", he announced staring into my eyes with a warning.

"Then where will I even go!!", I thought to scream at him but remembered the last time when I was been slapped to do so. So I did the opposite, I asked politely looking at the floor.

"You'll be given a place to live outside the palace. It's away from the town and near woods.", i won't lie but I kinda felt happy hearing that because I'll be as far as possible from all of their wrath.

But little did I knew that it's a old shaggy  hut with next to nothing it. Accept for a pair of uniforms we are supposed to be shown in everyday and a pot of drinking water.

And now in this windy , cold rainy night I am lying on this floor alone with no one to take care of me. It's thundering outside, the shuffling of trees feel like screeching to my ears.

But no amount of suffering can ever break my hope. I know one day I will get out of this misery and see the sun with a  smile on my face, even if that had to be the last day of my life. I will never complain.

But one thing I will always remember and one thing that I learned at just 13 is never to trust anyone in this world accept for yourself. The word is full of hungry, selfish and heartless souls walking in skin.

And after what happened today I'm gonna make myself even more stronger, not because I'm gonna fight princess back, which will obviously result into my death sentence, but I want to survive till the day I see my hopes become reality and I will never cry in front of anyone in my life.

I promised myself .

——————

Hiii!!!!!

I missed all so much...

Hope you all will support me like always in this new journey... as I'm starting something new and completely out of box.

Toh see you in next💞💞💞💞