"You want me to be happy, but you want to break up with me?" Haerin started to sniffle.

"It's what's best for us," I exhaled out.

Haerin just nodded her head and suddenly walked off.

In a weird way, I felt relieved.

- Y/N POV -

"Y/NN!!" I was watching TV in the living room, when Haerin suddenly ran into my arms.

"Woahh, what's wrong?" I asked a bit concerned.

"Dani broke up with me!!" Haerin began to cry in my arms.

I was so confused.

"Is it because of the kiss?" I started to feel a little guilty.

"She didn't even care about that!" Haerin cried out.

"Huh?" I was so confused.

"I'll take care of this, I'm gonna fix it!" I pulled Haerin away from me, but she immediately grabbed me.

"No, just hold me!" She sniffled and ran back into my arms.

"I'm going to kill her," I thought to myself.

If there was one thing I hated the most in the world, it was when people made Haerin cry.

"It's okay, you guys will talk things out and get back together. It's okay," I tried to comfort Haerin.

"No! I just want you to hold me!" She kept on crying.

"I'm here. It's okay," I held her as tightly as I could.

"I'm right here. I'm not going anywhere," I gently kissed her forehead.

- Haerin POV -

Running into Y/n's arms was almost like second nature to me.

Danielle breaking up with me was not something I expected. I was planning on telling her about the kiss, but I didn't even get the chance. She sounded like she didn't even care.

I was expecting to tell her about the kiss and she'd be upset or try to talk to me about why I did what I did...

But I didn't even get the chance to do that.

I always knew Dani was jealous of Y/n, but I always did my best to show her that I loved her more. That I would always choose her.

Last night's kiss was just a drunken mistake, but I must have been doing something wrong way before that for Danielle to want to break up with me before I even gave her a reason to.

"Do you maybe wanna take a nap?" Y/n softly asked.

"Mhm," I hummed out.

Y/n suddenly lifted me in their arms and carried me to their room.

- Minji POV -

I watched as Haerin and Dani talked. They seemed to be having some sort of argument. Suddenly, Haerin just ran off.

It seemed really odd.

The whole entire trip, Danielle and Haerin were being really cute and loving, but this seemed really different and sudden.

I got up to make sure everything was okay, but when I asked... "Everything okay?"

Danielle answered, "No".

I was really confused.

"We broke up," she explained.

I took a deep breath at the sudden news and walked up to give her a hug.

"I hope Y/n makes her happy," Danielle began to cry in my arms.

It was then that I knew Y/n was the reason they broke up.

"I did my best to fill Y/n's shoes, but it was too much. Haerin doesn't love me, she loves Y/n," Dani pulled away from my arms, wiping the tears off her face.

"I get what you mean," I tried to sympathize with her.

"Y/n and I almost got together a year ago, but Haerin is the most important thing to Y/n. Haerin is the reason I realized I would never get a chance," I sighed out a bit saddened.

I knew how Danielle felt.

It didn't feel good to know that you will always be second place.

"Honestly though," I took a deep breath.

"It's comforting to know that they have each other. It's a little sad, but it gives me a peace of mind to at least be in Y/n's life. I rather be Y/n's best friend than nothing at all," I kept trying to comfort her.

"I know that maybe you don't want to hear this, but if you really love her then I hope you don't lose her as a friend. I can tell that Haerin really loved you too. It just wasn't in the way you wanted. But she really did love you," I gently rubbed her arm.

Danielle just sniffled and nodded in agreement. She knew that Haerin did love her. It was hard to deny that she didn't.

It just wasn't in the way she wanted.

-

-

-

-

-

-