Chapter 10 | Jamaica Me Sweat

[2nd Person POV]

Oh, finally. First class again. You couldn't feel more relieved. No more loser class. At least, not for now.

You and your teammates, and DJ, were seated in the comfy chairs of first class, with cucumber slices over your eyes. "Winning really is everything!" "Says the guy who frenched a cod." Noah snarked at Tyler's comment. "And PS, it was a tie." DJ added.

CONFESSIONAL: DJ

"Ever since I won in Newfoundland, I'm starting to feel like I could win this whole thing! Thanks to my lucky charm, Irene." He held the fishbowl up. "Can you believe she lifted my curse? I know! It's amazing! As long as she's okay, I'm golden!" He hugged the fishbowl.

===========================

CONFESSIONAL: ALEJANDRO

"Irene. I didn't expect DJ to bond with my handiwork, but the symbol I painted on her is holding up well. And his confidence is blooming! Which is tragic. And delicious." He smirked.

===========================

Owen licked the cucumber slices off of his eyes, eating them, and burping afterwards. Noah, who was next to him, fanned the smell of his burp away. "Ugh, it's a facial, not a fruit plate." Owen chuckled. "Oh, Noah. Don't you see? It's both!" "Owen! These chairs are spring-loaded. Watch this!" Izzy exclaimed.

The chair suddenly jerked back as she cheered, accidentally kicking Owen in the balls. "OW! Why is it always the kiwis??" Owen groaned, his hands clutching his pelvis area in pain.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Owen now had an ice pack on his balls. He turned to Noah. "I've made up my mind. I'm gonna break up with Izzy for once and for all!" He whispered. "Finally!" "I still like her, but she's so.." "Nutty? As a ten-ton bag of pecans, smothered in peanut butter, encased in a cashew the size of China?" Noah snarked.

Izzy was hanging upside down from one of the oxygen masks on the plane. She was violently chewing on it. "Tastes like shoe polish!" She laughed, before continuing to chew on the mask. "Aww, she's happy!" Owen took one of the cucumber slices from Noah's eye, eating it.

Chris happened to walk by. Alejandro noticed him and quickly stood up, walking after him. He stopped Chris in his tracks. "Uh, DJ is the only remaining member of Team Victory. But we're prepared to welcome him as a full-time member of our team. If you'll allow it." "Don't you already have a numbers' advantage over Team Amazon? No dice." Chris began to walk away.

"What if DJ chooses to swap teams? Like Sierra and Izzy did in Egypt!" "No more swaps, and that's final." Chris faced Alejandro again. DJ walked up to the both of them, joining in the conversation. "It's okay. The teams are probably gonna merge soon, anyway."

"Wrong. Convo over, Chris out." Chris seemed to be completely fed up, before he walked away. "It's okay, I'll survive. My curse is gone thanks to Irene." DJ put his hand on Alejandro's shoulder reassuringly. "I even won the last challenge!" "Uh, tie." Tyler corrected. "Exactly! If we keep it up, we might make it all the way to the finale together!" "I would love to see that." Alejandro spoke in a kind tone.

CONFESSIONAL: DJ

"Would've been nice to have some teammates again." He frowned, looking at the ground, with the fishbowl on his lap. "But at least with Alejandro, I've got an ally who's reliable, dependable, and totally trustworthy!" He looked up at the camera, smiling.

============================

"Eh-ehm.. Attention, passengers.." You and the others heard Chris' voice over the PA. There was a long pause, several seconds of silence, before he spoke again: "AAAAAAAAAAH!"