Chapter 1, part 2 | Walk Like an Egyptian - part 1

[2nd Person POV]

"You guys ready for a little fun? Huh?" Chris said, as two interns carried him over to you and the other contestants.

You had now arrived to Egypt, and boy were you hating every second of it. It was terribly hot, to the point you felt like you were in an oven. Not to mention, standing in a crowd of people who were just as sweaty as you were was NOT helping.

"Wow, it's a scorcher out here, huh?" He took a sip from his drink. "I call today's challenge: Pyramid over/under!" "An 11-hour flight, Chef's in-flight cuisine, a forced musical number, now we've got a challenge?" Leshawna said what you and the other contestants were all thinking. You mentally thanked her for that.

"Don't ya love this game?" Chris could not give any less shits.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You all stood lined up at what you would assume was the starting line. "It's like we're being cooked in a giant oven.." "It might helped if you weren't dressed like a giant baked potato." Leshawna replied to Harold, who would sweat excessively, likely due to the aluminum foil hat he wore.

"Aluminum foil means the aliens can't reach your brains. It's a real problem in this area." You internally rolled your eyes at his antics. 'Yeah, like that'd be a problem for you, dumbass.' You didn't dare say what you thought out loud.

The sound of cymbals clashing caused you to snap out of your thoughts, nearly jumping in surprise. "Man! That's satisfying. Alright, 'Pyramid over/under' means you choose how you'll get to the finish line. Either over  or under  the pyramid. Got it?" You and the other competitors nodded at Chris' explanation, before getting in position to race. Sports were definitely not your forte, so you figured everyone else would definitely end up running you over.

"Ready, set,-" "WAIT UP, YO!" Everyone was quickly distracted by a sudden voice calling out. "YOU GUYS, WAIT UP!" Ezekiel slid past the starting line. "I told you I wasn't gonna lose this time, eh?" "Didn't we leave you in like Halifax or White Horse or.. whatever?" Chris glared at him. "It's called landing gear, homie! I climbed it, and hid with the cargo."

"Impressive! But, you're still out." "No way! I'm in it to win it! Word!" Ezekiel persisted. "Hey, it's your funeral. Set, go!" Chris clashed the cymbals near Ezekiel, causing him to flinch back. You and the others quickly ran on ahead.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Oh, great. Our friendly neighborhood host dude failed to mention there were different paths." Noah snarked, as you and the rest, including him, all stood behind Owen. "Hey, Sierra! Which way do you think we should go?" Heather glanced at Sierra with a friendly smile.

Said girl, who you were standing beside, immediately exclaimed. "Me?! Um.. uh.. oh.." She muttered. "How do we know which way's right?" "I know! Okay, I saw this in a spy movie once: you lick your finger and hold it up to find the airflow." Izzy explains to Owen, as if that makes perfect sense.

Holding her finger up, she licked it. "Mm! The sand really crunches in your teeth. Fun! Okay, DJ, give me your hand." She held out her hand towards DJ, although Leshawna quickly intervened. "Don't do it, DJ! You might catch a case of crazy! Come on, Harold." She and said boy walked through the door in between the other two, with DJ following.

"Oh oh oh oh! Let's take the scary mummy door!" Izzy exclaimed, pointing to the third door. Owen and Noah followed her through said door. Heather and Sierra headed to the first door before Heather paused, turning to you. "Hey, [Y/N]. Wanna come with us?" She offered you a kind smile.

'OH SHIT, HOLY SHIT, SOMEONE'S TALKING TO ME. WHAT DO I DO??'  You internally began to panic, hesitating. Heather was bad news, you figured. But for now, It'd be better not to get on her bad side. You slowly nodded, muttering quietly in agreement. Heather nodded in return, as she signaled for you to follow her.