"Protect!" Spinarak brought up a green barrier around itself. "Electroweb!" The string spit Pokémon fires electricity web toward the Striker Pokémon.

"Protect again!" Scorch brought up a green colored barrier again, the Electroweb disappeared as it hit the barrier, "Now use Agility and Pyro Ball!" Scorch disappeared and then reappeared in front of Spinarak and picked up a pebble with his foot and bounced it around and fired its fire attack. The attack hit Spinarak, causing it to fall off the branch and burn its body.

"Spinarak!" Bugsy called out.

Spinarak collapsed onto the ground with swirling eyes.

"Spinarak is unable to battle! Cinderace wins!" The referee announced.

"Great job, Scorch!" Ember smiled and hugged Scorch, "You were great."

Scorch smiled at his trainer's affection and hugged Ember back.

"Spinarak, return." Bugsy returned his unconscious Spinarak.

======

"Wow, Scorch was really great." Mairin complimented.

"Well, he was trained by Ember's fire type Pokémon. So it makes sense that he's powerful." Alain added.

"I have to admit that he is." Zoey admitted.

Cilan nodded, "Yeah."

"Togepriii!" Asa cheered.

=======

"You've beaten my first Pokémon but this one is going to be a lot harder." Bugsy stated, "Metapod, go!"

"Metapod." The cocoon Pokémon said, appeared.

"A Metapod!?" Zoey, Cilan and Mairin exclaimed, shocked.

Ember returned her Striker Pokémon, "I see, a Metapod... Poseidon, I choose you." She sent out the Johto Region Legendary Pokémon.

"Aaauuu~" Poseidon appeared.

Bugsy and referee gaped at the sight of the Legendary Pokémon on the field.

"Dear Arceus, a Lugia. How have you gotten yourself the Legendary Pokémon of Johto?" Bugsy asked, flabbergasted.

"Um, I'll explain after the gym battle." Ember replied.

"Aaauu~~" Poseidon said, ready.

"Okay Metapod, Tackle that Lugia." Bugsy ordered.

"Metapod!" Metapod jumped to Tackle the young diving Pokémon.

======

"Fast!" Mairin gasped.

"I see," Cilan said, "Bugsy must've trained that Metapod in speed and strength."

"No kidding. I've never seen a speedy Metapod before." Zoey commented.

=====

"Poseidon use Gust." Ember ordered.

"Aaauuu!" Poseidon stood up on his legs and flapped his wings, performing a gust of wind towards the cocoon Pokémon.

"Meta Metapod!" Metapod lost its concentration and flew backwards.

"Sunny Day." Poseidon fired a white orb from his mouth into the sky, making the sun shine brighter than before.

"Now Poseidon use Weather Ball." Poseidon opened his mouth and a red-orange ball of fire streaming around it, appeared, he fires it at the cocoon Pokémon.