045

Elianna

I kissed Lando.

Lando and I kissed.

We're fake dating, of course we have to kiss to make it seem real. Everything about that was made with precise calculation.

"Chérie, please stop looking like you've seen a ghost," Genevieve spoke in a soft voice, looking at me through the screen of my phone that was propped against the night stand next to my hotel room bed.

I went straight to my room after I arrived at the hotel and called Genevieve, since I knew she was probably the only one who would understand me. And she did, she heard me out and we talked about everything.

"I know that we are supposed to do this - now it will actually be a normal thing - but I just can't help but be worried of falling for him," I let out in one breath as I put some blush on my cheeks with a brush. Whilst I was calling with Genevieve and giving her the storytime, I was also preparing for the party I was attending later.

The French girl sighed and gave me a small smile, "I know. But I don't think he is the kind of person that would hurt you. Even though he has a reputation as a playboy, from what I've seen, he cares about you."

"That's cool, okay. But we're going to stay friends, we agreed on not falling in love and if we do, we will do those things I told you about."

"I still can't believe you agreed to dye your hair, like–you cherish your natural colour so much and when I proposed the idea, you were so defensive about it," Genevieve laughed and I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah, that's exactly the reason why I agreed to it. Because then I won't want to fall."

"Délirante." [Delusional]

I gave her a judging look before standing up from the bed and going to my suitcase, getting out some clothes and showing it to her so she could help me to choose what to wear for the night. It was an option between a black leather skirt with red bralette tank top or black V neck top with long sleeves. Genevieve chose the first option and I questioned my initial thoughts why I brought that red top with me in the first place.

And right as I was about to change to that long sleeved top, there was a knock on my door. I scrunched my brows together and went to open it, which revealed my fake boyfriend dressed in a blue shirt with the top buttons undone and black trousers, "Lando, hi."

"Hi, are you–" he stopped mid sentence when his eyes shifted from his phone to me and looked at me from the bottom to top, "–Ready to go?"

"I was just about to change but–"

"Why?"

I gave him a confused look, as I looked at him midway walking back to my suitcase, "What do you mean why?"

"I mean, you look really good, so I don't understand why you would change it."

"RIGHT! I AGREE!" Genevieve's voice with a thick French accent echoed from my phone, which made Lando furrow his brows and open his mouth to ask but I interrupted.

"That was Genevieve, I'll be right back," I explained shortly and went to get my phone, giving the girl a warning look at which she snickered. "I have to go, merci, G."

"De rien, profitez-en! And keep an eye on Charles for me," she said her goodbyes and we hung up the call. [You're welcome, enjoy!]

I grabbed my purse and put it on my shoulder before turning off the lights, getting the card from my hotel room and followed Lando outside. We walked through some streets for about ten minutes, neither of us mentioning anything - and it was perhaps for the best. We both knew this was what we had to do in order to make the stunt work.