2- THE GOODBYE

Rayne stood in that old graying room in the town hall for about 5 minutes, before Blue and her father ran into the room. Blue's face was tear-stained and blotchy, her father's matching that. "RAY WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?" Cried Blue, running at Rayne hugging her, gripping onto her hair tightly. "I had to, I couldn't let you go" this went back and forth for a few minutes until Rayne gripped onto Blue's shoulders and spoke to her "Blue, sweetie, you are the best thing in my life, if I would die for anyone I would die for you. If I do die in that arena, I need you to promise me that you will carry on living, and please, please never feel guilty or like any of this was your fault. I know that whatever you choose to do in life you will be excellent, even if I'm not there too see it. I love you" The pair had by now sunk to the ground, and Blue was sobbing uncontrollably. Rayne pulled herself out of her sister's grip to stand up and face her dad.

"Dad, I know I haven't always been the best daughter but I tried" Rayne started, forcing a half-hearted smile onto her face. "Yes you have, you are the best daughter I could have ever asked for,  don't ever feel differently"  Rune pulled Rayne into a tight hug, the tufts of bright orange hair that stuck out under his hat brushed at her face. "Dad you have to look after her" said Rayne, referring to Blue, as after their mother had died, Rune had gone into a deep depression and Rayne had to look after herself and Blue at only 8 years old. "I know, and I will" whispered back Rune, his voice muffled.

As the father and daughter broke apart, five peacekeepers stormed into the room, 2 grabbing Rune, 1 grabbing Blue, and the other two holding onto Rayne making it inescapable.  Screams of goodbyes and sorrows were all that could be heard  as Rayne's family were dragged out of that room leaving her in a painfully silent room, the peacekeepers holding her down as she was back on the floor, unable to stand in disbelief. After about two minutes of quiet sobbing the men holding her heaved her to her feet, pulled her back out of the door and to a back entrance leading to the train station. 

A/N This is a really short chapter, I just wanted to have the goodbyes put in the story, I promise the next ones will be longer. Btw Rune is her dad i just wanted to use his name bcs I was so proud of it before I realized that a man called rune naming his daughter Rayne was stupid do I might add some story to that later on.