CHAPTER 21 : Mathura

Start from the beginning

I found myself in a state of confusion, wondering if Duryodhan was actually accompanying me and what would unfold next! It was truly unbelievable; he was undeniably vexing, and I had to endure his presence for three long years. Filled with disappointment, I closed my eyes as he leaped into the air, exuding joy.

"May I pack my belongings gurudev-" he asked them, and he simply smiled and gave him a nod.

"Pack your things nihira-" As Gurudev exited without even glancing back at me, the students followed suit, leaving me standing there feeling perplexed and drained with Ashwattama by my side. His eyes held an emotion that seemed to convey more than words, but something seemed to be holding us back from expressing ourselves fully. Despite the unspoken communication between us, there was a barrier that prevented us from moving forward. He gazed at me with his warm, honey eyes, breathing softly. Tears welled up in my eyes as I fought to keep them from falling, questioning myself about what I had done to leave him behind in this harsh world. It felt like an eternity as I prepared to depart, while he seemed resigned to being left behind.

The wind gushed, carrying the fallen leaves through the air as we stood in perfect harmony. Despite the storm brewing in our hearts, pushing us further apart each day, I wondered how I would survive without seeing him. My heart pounded loudly in my heavy chest. We gazed at each other like foolish lovers, driven by young blood. Perhaps it was something my heart had always longed for.

He did not come forward, and neither did I, to initiate any conversation. It felt like it might be the last time we would see each other, and who knows when we will meet again, sharing that same unspoken mutual feeling that has been expressed through actions countless times. It was either him who would end up with me forever, or I knew that no one else could ever take his place in my heart. He is my first love, the one I desire. And I am certainly his. He is complete within himself, while I am just incomplete without him.

It was time to depart, and Duryodhan was filled with such excitement that he inadvertently neglected to bid farewell to his brothers. However, he certainly did not overlook the opportunity to create a scene with the Pandavas and embrace Dussassan for a final time.

"Take Care Anuj." He said as he began walking towards the exit of the ashram. And suddenly he turned back, when his gaze met with Devpriya who stood there looking at him, from a very long time. The afternoon waft playing with her loose curls, and her eyes were slightly filled with tears, that smudged her kajal. Duryodhan attempted to speak, but instead, he found himself gasping for breath. In response, Devpriya offered him a tender smile.

"You too, take care Duri." She said that made something beat inside Duryodhan's chest. He knew there wasn't something like a soft heart inside him, but when it bounced ferociously for the very first time, he knew that there was truly something like a heart inside him.

With tears welling up in my eyes, I stood there, gazing at each of them with an overwhelming sense of love and affection. Sehdev, although concealing his tears, Nakul, who had been absent since the morning assembly, and Bhrata Bheem, who had generously provided me with fruits and laddoos for my journey. I greeted everyone warmly, but when I reached Sehdev,he remained motionless like steadfast pillars.

"Where is Nakul-?" I questioned.

"He's--somewhere around--" Bhrata Arjun spoke, prompting all in the ashram to search for his sign.

"Why do you have to always do the stupidest thing of the world nihira-?" Said Sehdev lowering his gaze.

"I'm sorry, I promise I'll become mature now-" I said giving them a soft smile.

"That is no way possible for you." Nakul's voice emerged as he appeared unexpectedly behind Bheem. Clutched in his hand was a petite arrangement of vibrant wild flowers, showcasing a variety of hues including blue, red, pink, and white. Positioned before me, he wore a sorrowful smile that stretched across his lips, as he presented me with the hastily crafted bouquet.