CHAPTER 18 : Rage

Start from the beginning

"Nihira, mind your words. It's enough now." Spoke Ashwattama very loudly.

"Ashwattama—" I As he approached, he positioned himself next to Duryodhan, who greeted me with a sinister grin. Gurudev's gaze shifted from me to Ashwattama, who quickly grew uneasy and apprehensive, although he swiftly concealed these emotions behind a stoic facade.

"Didn't you feel your father being partial towards Arjun—" Arjun listened to the conversation, perplexed, as he spoke, shaking him slightly. The anger on his face was now evident.

"No—I'm telling you nihira, stop right here, or else—" he said burning.

"Oh great, now you're afraid of your father—Ashwattama." I said.

"Nihira, please stop speaking rubbish, he's our guru" Came over the voice of Devpriya didi.

"Nihira, this is the last time I'm telling you to shut up or else—"  Ashwattama expressed his anger and annoyance through his words. His eyes mirrored his intense anger and frustration, while his face radiated a fiery intensity.

"Now you're threatening me ashwa—" he arched my eyebrows in surprise as i spoke. He responded with a cold, piercing gaze. Ekalavya, seated on the ground, had a glimmer of hope in his eyes as he anticipated being taught by his beloved teacher. He had dedicated years to preparing himself for this momentous day, longing to become the greatest archer in Aryavarth. However, in a single moment, his dreams were mercilessly shattered by gurudev, leaving him broken into countless fragments.

It would be an insurmountable obstacle for him to wield a Dhanush if he were to relinquish his thumb, thereby hindering his ability to pursue his aspirations. I could not allow such a circumstance to unfold. Ekalavya's eyes welled up with tears as he teetered on the brink of crying. Gurudev, however, remained steadfast in upholding his reputation and pride. He viewed Ekalavya merely as a rival to his own students, someone who could potentially garner more respect than them. Yet, beyond this rivalry, Ekalavya was just a young boy with dreams and a lifetime ahead of him, capable of ascending to the throne of Magadh following in his father's footsteps.

"Gurudev, just think of his life once, he's still a boy. How could you—?" As a single tear escaped from my eyelids, I felt the presence of water welling up in my eyes. Swiftly, I hastily brushed it away.

"I'm not forcing ekalavya, it's up to him. If he wants to he will."  The disappointment in his voice was evident as he spoke slowly, clearly affected by my words and actions. His attention then turned to Ekalavya, who appeared lost in his own thoughts. Tears welled up in his eyes, and he seemed completely numb.

"Ekalavya—you don't want to do this right." I requested his assurance, fully believing that he would concur with me. He turned his attention towards me, offering a comforting smile that alleviated the sense of fear and despair.

"Nihira, you shouldn't have tried to save me. And you shouldn't have raised voice at Maha Guru Drona. It was very disrespectful." He replied.

I observed him with complete astonishment, tears streaming down my face. I was unable to restrain them, expressing my thoughts without shedding tears was beyond my control. tears are like the blood of soul, when soul bleeds you cry.

"Ekalavya, nobody's forcing y–you, you d–don't have to. I–I'm with you." I said wipping, as a sudden feeling of guilt enguled me.

"No, Nihira. I've always worshiped gurudev, and he has always given me, the knowledge the lessons, the confidence. And only for one time he asked me for something, how will i deny to my God." He said with a warm smile.

Gurudev's gaze bore into me, filled with utter disdain. His eyes seemed to mock me, as if they were conveying that I had lost everything. It felt as though his piercing gaze had shattered my heart into countless fragments, leaving me overwhelmed with guilt and remorse.

Ekalavya cast a quick glance at gurudev, and my heart started racing as he pulled out a sharp dagger from his attire. Goosebumps erupted all over my body, and tears streamed down my face. Desperately, I searched for any kind of response from the people surrounding us. I turned to Ashwattama, but he completely disregarded me, his breaths heavy and labored. My head throbbed, and my heart pounded relentlessly.

" No ekalavya, think once more. It's not more than your life. You just—" before i could speak, Ashwattama shouted from behind.

"Enough nihira—"

In a state of disarray and overwhelmed by tears, I spun around, attempting to speak but consumed by a deep sense of unease and fear. I pressed my lips tightly together, desperately seeking his attention, only to be disregarded. Abruptly, a voice resonated in my ears, causing me to shift my focus towards Duryodhan.

"Gurudev—" as he spoke, gurudev darted their eyes towards him, full of rage and he halted. Nodding his head in dismay.

"Duryodhan please speak up."

As i spoke, his gaze softened with sympathy while he cast me a despairing glance. As I pivoted, I witnessed Ekalavya forcefully crushing his thumb before Gurudev, resulting in a sudden burst of blood that sprayed everywhere. For a brief moment, I was rendered breathless, unable to comprehend the sight of blood cascading down and his thumb detaching from his body, landing on the ground. The boy quivered in agony, his eyes brimming with tears and his clothes saturated in blood.

I experienced a sudden blurring of my vision, and for a moment, I found it difficult to breathe. As I stumbled backwards, Ashwattama caught me in his arms. Before I could comprehend what was happening, I lost consciousness, enveloped in a void of darkness.

Hello cudies!! I was literally overwhelmed while writing about ekalavya, I really really felt bad for him, there aren't many stories about him, that's where I felt more  for him

Hello cudies!! I was literally overwhelmed while writing about ekalavya, I really really felt bad for him, there aren't many stories about him, that's where I felt more  for him. Also, it's fiction yet we cannot just change the history, Ekalavya's sacrifice was a part of mahabharata and It was somthing as important as other events of the epic. Although we can always give it an another dimension, and that's why we call it fiction. So please don't cancel me for not saving ekalavya 😭✨️

I hope you liked the chapter, tell me about your opinions. I'd love to hear from yall.

Q. What do you think was Ashwattama right when he shouted at Nihira ??

Q. Do you think Nihira was right at voicing her opinions??

Also, we hit 7K + views on Sojourn.  Virtual Valentine's day hugs and pizza for each one of youu💌

Thank you so much for reading :)