With one squint of my eyes, my sight became clearer, and I noticed a sniper riffle's tip, aimed at Juliane.

"No." I gasped beneath my breath.

I wasted no time, swiftly and quickly swinging in an instant towards the building where the sniper was. "Surpise!" I shrieked as I neared the window, I threw himself forward, my body jumping through just like a spider catching its prey. It felt like time had stopped for me, as I felt the rush of adrenaline coursing through my veins.

When I landed in front of the sniper, there was a struggle. Both of us fought, grappling with each other and trying to gain the upper hand. The sniper tried his best to reach for his gun and fire a shot, aiming the rifle at me and trying to press it against my neck. But I had already anticipated this, my reflexes so quick and fast, having dodged the rifle in a blink and wrestled the rifle away from the sniper. I had the upper hand now, and I pressed the rifle against the sniper's throat, keeping him pinned down.

"You don't lay a finger on Juliane." I said, my voice threatening.

The sniper gagged, unable to breath properly. He brought his hand up to my arm, his nails digging through my spandex, but I didn't react to it.

I looked at the man deep in the eyes, only now noticing that it was one of the men whom we saw in the CCTV footage, that Donghyuck had stolen from the HQ of MoonDelivery. He was one of the Foreman's men. I didn't waste this oppuritnigy and commenced the interrogation.

"Who is the Foreman?"

"What? I- I don't know what you're talking about-"

"Bullshit! I know you work for him! Who is he?!"

"I don't know! Okay? I really don't! Please, let go off me!"

"Listen, I'm not gonna ask one more time." I said, pushing the rifle harder against his neck, causing him to gurgle, his face turning red due to the lack of oxygen. "Who is the Foreman?"

I pressed the rifle more against the sniper's neck, attempting to force answers out of him. The sniper coughed and choked but refused to speak. I kept pushing the rifle hard against the sniper's throat, my eyes narrowed and a determined look on my face. I would not stop until the guy said something, my face displayed no sign of mercy or sympathy.

"Okay, okay! I'll talk, just please, let me fucking breathe!"

Slowly, I loosened my grip on the rifle, impatiently waiting for the man to speak, but he took more than a few seconds to gain his breath again.

"Talk!"

"Okay!" The man heaved. "Look, I will really be honest with you, but the Foreman does not let other people see him other than Mr. Moon. I don't know him! I really don't! I communicate and interact with him through phone calls and computers, but never in real life and never face to face! So I don't know him! Nobody does! Please-"

"Come on!" I grabbed his collar and pulled him up, before slamming him against the floor again. "There's gotta be at least a way, at least one way to get in contact with the Foreman!"

"There is!" The man shouted, his hands gripping around mine to ease up my grasp on his collar. "There is one! I think..." He gulped, and I cocked an eyebrow, telling him to start talking. "Just a week ago, Mr Moon finally reported the Foreman to the police and revealed his identity! But the next day, the Foreman sent me to the NYPD precinct to bribe the Captain about not taking action, and keeping silent. And the Captain agreed. I was supposed to destroy any evidence, like documentations or files or something, but I didn't... I forgot about that part, so they still might have it in there."

My eyes widened, surprised by this information.

Of course, police corruption. This was why Jaehyun and I always doubted cooperating with NYPD.

Two men suddenly barged into the room, catching me off guard. They were the other two men we saw from the void footage. The sudden movement startled me, but I was too focused on interrogating the sniper on the ground. The two guys quickly moved towards me, their intent clear from their expressions and their body language. They moved quickly and swiftly, bringing me down quickly and forcefully. The two men worked together, moving in perfect coordination to gain the upper hand in the fight.

One of the men held me tightly, his grip firm and unbreakable as he prevented me from moving. The other man was relentless, his punches and kicks landing with brutal force, battering my body again and again. I tried desperately break free, but I was outmatched. The two men worked together, coordinated and ruthless, and they continued to pummel me without stopping, as if taking out their anger and aggression on me.

I couldn't move. I could barely breathe. I was in utter pain.

"Hey, get up!" The man whom had been throwing punches gave his sniper friend a kick. "Finish the damn job out there, before boss fucking kills us for being failures!"

The sniper man, still struggling because I practically choked him earlier, crawled on the ground and reached out for his sniper rifle. Struggling, he staggered back to the window and prepared the rifle's stance.

"No..." I grumbled. "No!" I screamed, this time louder and more aggressive.

I quickly broke free from the men's grip, using the last bit of strength I had left inside of me and shoved the two men away, sending them flying towards the wall. I felt rage and anger surging through my body at the thought of the sniper shooting and hurting Juliane. I had to save her no matter what, so I quickly leapt to the sniper, knocking his gun away and stopping him. The sniper fell on the ground, and I looked out of the window.

Juliane wasn't there anymore. She left.

With severely frail and injured body, I knew I couldn't possible continue to put up a fight, so I had to flee.