Chapter 21: Preparation & Task Force Stalker

Roanapur-Rip-Off Church-Afternoon...

In the Church, Eda and Roach are sitting down by the table, having some cold drinks while watching Ashara, who is brushing Riley's fur. Which the dog truly enjoys it. Eda's lips slowly turn into a smile at this.

Eda: Look at those two.

Roach: A caretaker and a spoiled pup.

Eda: *Chuckles* That's Riley to ya.

Roach: I see that. Ghost is paying you as a babysitter while doing his job or vigilante stuff.

Eda: *Takes a sip* Yeah, this wasn't part of my job, but at least he's paying me good money and having some bonding time with Ashara. She's a sweet girl.

Roach: She truly is. The gang and I got to know her and made these bracelets for all of us.

Roach lowers his left sleeve to reveal a bracelet that Ashara made for him and the others.

Eda: You're not the only one, honey.

Eda reveals her bracelet to Roach, and the two let out a small laugh. Before they could continue their conversation, they heard someone knocking on the front door.

Roach: I got it. *To Ashara* Ashara. Stay by Eda.

Ashara only nods in response. Ashara and Riley stood by Eda as the CIA agent rested her hand on her gun holster. Roach walks up to the front with his hand on his gun holster. The British then call out.

Roach: Star!

???: Texas! Open the door!

After hearing the password, Roach opens the door to see Ghost, Burns, and Sophia. Roach and Eda moved their hand away from their gun holster.

Roach: Boss, Burns, and Sophia Grimes. *To Sophia* Long time no see.

Sophia: *Smiles* Roach. It's good to see you.

Roach: You came to pick up Ashara, boss?

Ghost: No. We found something.

Roach: What is it?

Ghost: It's the best we talk inside.

Roach opens the door widely, letting the three walk inside the church. Seeing Ghost walk in, Ashara immediately runs to him, with Riley following her. Ghost lowers down and catches the little girl. The two gave each other a big, warm hug.

Ashara: I miss you.

Ghost: I miss you too.

The two break off but stay close.

Ghost: *Hand Signals* Have you been behaving with Eda?

Ashara: *Pouts and Hand Signals* You know how I behave. I'm not a spoiled little girl.

Ghost: *Chuckles and Hand Signals* I know. You always behave well.

Ghost ruffles both the girl's and the dog's head before standing up. Eda and Sophia hugged each other, and then they broke off.

Eda: Long time no see, bestie.

Sophia: You too. I see you've been busy here in this god-awful city.

Eda: It's not all bad when you get used to the rules here. I see you've been busy in the office. How's the Pentagon life?

Sophia: *Tiredly Sighed* Absolutely, fuckin' tiring. You have no idea how much I want to get out of that place.

Eda: I hear ya. *To Ghost* Tyler.

Ghost: Eda. We need to talk.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Roanapur's Dock—Afternoon...