After that day, the maid Ju Fang had become a second Concubine Pei.

As a chambermaid, and even a concubine, she should be putting most of her efforts into Yan Ting. However, the lord marquis usually only minded the madam and never took the initiative to go to them.

Only when the madam occasionally said something did they receive some favor. Ju Fang finally understood why Concubine Pei diligently came to the Jinse Pavilion daily. They could only pick up some scraps from this woman's hand. Her resentment gradually became stronger....

Because she was the madam's personal maid, Ju Fang was trusted by Shen Yi Yao. Even if Shen Yi Yao was very close with Concubine Pei, Ju Fang was able to feel the difference. With dark intentions, she and Concubine Pei conspired to slowly steal away the people by the madam's side. Because Ju Fang was an insider, this wasn't hard to do....

Seeing a woman with everything being manipulated by them made Ju Fang feel like laughing.

So what if you're lofty? Ultimately, you're just a fool!
Concubine Wu revealed everything she had done one word at a time.

Cui Qiao and Cui Ping couldn't believe their ears. How could this person's thoughts be so sinister? She actually conspired with others to harm her own madam. Especially since the two finally realized why they used to hear others say "the madam and the third miss's relationship isn't too good". No matter how close they were, they couldn't have withstood people instigating conflict daily!

Shen Yi Yao's expression was a mixture of sorrow and joy. Her eyes faintly flashed with tears. After a long, long time, they finally became calm.

"Since you've committed so many wrongs, what makes you think I will definitely forgive you? What makes you assume I will forget past wrongs and bring you with me?"

These words broke the silence. Concubine Wu whose head had been lowered in remorse suddenly looked up.

Looking at her astonished expression, Shen Yi Yao laughed: "Could it be that in your eyes, I'm someone who doesn't hold grudges? I forgot to tell you, I actually do hold grudges. That's right. Ah Mo being born prematurely was also due to you and Pei Yu Jin's involvement, right?"

Shen Yi Yao didn't stay and walked into her room.
"Have her leave."

Her final words were light like a wisp of smoke.

Concubine Wu was extremely startled, her heart filled with fear.

She knew, she actually knew!

Actually, despite lowering her head and begging for forgiveness, Concubine Wu had never thought much of Shen Yi Yao. In her eyes, Shen Yi Yao was a naïve and clueless madam. As long as she lowered herself enough, as long as the third miss wasn't there, the madam would definitely take pity on her due to their past relationship.

This was why she lowered herself and begged for forgiveness remorsefully. Seeing as these things couldn't be kept from Shen Yi Yao and also being forced to reveal some things, she had ultimately not confessed everything. However, she had forgotten something. Shen Yi Yao had doubts about Yan Mo's unusual premature birth long ago. Since Ju Fang and Concubine Pei had conspired together to do so many things, how could Shen Yi Yao not suspect them?

Yan Mo's premature birth hadn't been planned by the two of them. The old madam was also involved. Concubine Pei had wanted to manage the household and the old madam wanted to take over the household's income from Shen Yi Yao. This was how the dirty scheme was carried out so smoothly.

Afterwards, Concubine Pei had discussed things with Concubine Wu. Concubine Wu merely assumed Concubine Pei had wanted to manage the household and didn't realize the old madam was involved. However, whether she knew or not didn't matter anymore. Nothing was airtight in this world. She would one day have to atone for her sins.