15

𝑂𝑛𝑖𝑘𝑎

𝑂𝑛𝑖𝑘𝑎

"I miss you, you stay leaving me like I'm supposed to take care of these kids by myself," Beyoncé shook her head at me through the phone while I laid out Mr. Freeman's medication. I chuckled lightly as she continued. "Crying and throwing up, I don't know how these women do it."

"I'ma start acting like a real baby dad and not claim yo fake ass children." I mumble, but her big ass ears heard me and gasped while placing her hand over her heart.

"You wouldn't!"

"I surely would. Them kids don't even look like me." I rolled my eyes then busted out laughing at how offended she looked. Bey quickly grabbed two of the stuffed animals I got her for her attachment issues. It was this big ass light blue bear and a matching pink one. Both were damn near my exact height. "Ugly ass kids, looking like you cheated with another nigga." I playfully mugged her.

"You callin' me a hoe?! Yo baby mama?! In front of our kids?! This is blasphemy!"

"Spell it." I laughed and she mugged me as I make my way into Mr. Freeman's room and greeted him. This morning he was up watching the news as opposed to his old westerns he usually watched.

"Hi Mr. Freeman, anything crazy going on today?" I asked him, prepping his arm for a new IV.

"Nothing new, sweetheart. Just a bunch of white people arguing over who should run the country. I promise you, if they had another brother up in that office, the world would be a better place." He shook his head with a smile.

"We can only hope," I replied as I went to give him his medicine as well. Once he took it he thanked me, which to be honest wasn't even necessary.

"Just doing my job."

We shared a few more minutes of casual conversation before I packed up and got everything ready for my last patient of the day. I worked a night shift for the first time and to be honest... not my thing. I'd rather sleep at night, so this definitely isn't for me.

"I see you wining and grinding up on that poleee, I know you see me lookin' at you and you already knowwww, I wanna fuck you! Yeah, you already knowww. I wanna fuck you!" Bey was yelling out random shit in my ears and I try not to laugh because this next patient doesn't even like me like that.

"Shut up, girl." I chuckled softly while looking at her, she bit her lip and started doing this grinding motion with her body to make me laugh, but I held it in. After greeting the patient, I prepared her medicine and went through the process as quickly as I could before she could start asking me all these questions about my love life.

"You still with that girl?" She asked and I try not to get annoyed. This woman has asked me the same damn thing for the last two weeks. She's one of those subtle homophobes.

"I am, we're on the phone right now actually." I start packing everything away, I do not want to have this conversation again. Last time she said that she has a feeling I'll get cheated on and I don't want to ever believe that'll happen.