- seven

BEFORE any of the three women realised it, the era's tour had begun. gracie's first show was april first, and before that — march 21st — they'd celebrated august's 23rd birthday. it hadn't been anything crazy, just dinner at some fancy restaurant with all of august's favourite people — taylor, her dad, elizabeth, olivia, grayson, conan, and of course, gracie.

brandon decided to show up as well, august wanted to throw him out so badly, but every time she got up to do it, she remembered her and gracie's conversation. she was supposed to give brandon a chance and be supportive. she could do that.

but on the day of gracie's third era's show, tampa night 2, also known as april fourteenth, the brunette singer was sitting in her dressing room, crying her eyes out. her best friend was nowhere to be found, and taylor was busy getting ready for the show. she had no one to go to for comfort. she couldn't even go to brandon, he hadn't been bothered to show up. to any of her shows. he didn't even give her an explanation as to why.

"angel! you have, like, ten minutes before you're going stage!" a familiar redhead smiled, barging into the room. august knew gracie was done changing, so she knew she wouldn't be walking in on anything she shouldn't see.

august stopped abruptly, noticing the tears streaming down her best friend's cheeks. "gracie? angel? what's wrong?" she asked worriedly, hurrying to the singer's side to hold her close.

"brandon and i are fighting..." gracie mumbled, burying her face into august's shoulder, inhaling her comforting scent, "he asked me to send...um, to send him...explicit pictures, uh, because he missed me," she explained, sobbing harder at each word, "i told him i didn't feel comfortable doing that."

"good," august chirped in. she was proud of gracie for refusing to do something she didn't want to do. she knew the girl had a tendency to be a bit of a people pleaser.

"um, so i told him that he could fly over here and we'd...we could have...y'know...because he said he missed it...uh, um, and i said that i'd pay and he could see me since he missed me so much...and y'know, i miss him too, i really want to see him, i really want him to come here and watch me perform," gracie continued, "uh, he got mad, he told me it wasn't fair that he was the one who had to fly out to me and not the other way around..."

august felt her face turn red out of pure hatred for that stupid, ugly, stupid man. no, boy. he was acting like a little kid, he deserved to be called one too.

"i tried telling him that it wasn't possible for me to fly all the way to him because y'know i'm busy here, and uh, i'm here achieving my dreams and performing in front of people and touring with taylor fucking swift," the abrams girl sniffled, "but uh, he got mad that i'm not flying out to see him just because he misses me and is fucking horny, i— um, i just don't think it's fair...i mean, i get him, i miss him too, but..it just feels like he doesn't want me to do this tour."

"oh, angel, beautiful gracie, i'm so sorry to hear that," august frowned, kissing gracie's teary cheek, "i wish i could do something, knock some sense into him, but...i don't think i can do much..."

"gracie! you're on in two! where are you?" a member of gracie's team yelled. gracie looked up at august, the look in her eyes broke the redhead's heart into a million pieces.

"look, gray, you go ace that show, i promise well sort this out later. go have fun, go do what you do best and i'll meet you in the tent so we can watch tay, hm?" august said, looking right into gracie's gorgeous eyes.

the singer nodded, hugging august one last time before getting up and heading to wherever she was supposed to be. august wiped her eyes, even she had started to tear up. she hated seeing gracie like this. she sniffled, took a deep breath and ran to the vip tent to watch her best friend.

after finishing the last song, gracie ran off the stage, quickly changed into some comfortable clothes, and sprinted to the vip tent to get to august. the moment she locked eyes with the redhead, she sped up and crashed into the girl.

"you were so amazing up there, gracie, as always! i'm so proud of you, angel!" august squealed, wrapping her arms so tightly around gracie that the brunette thought she'd never let her go. she wished she'd never let her go.

"thank you, auggie, thank you so much," gracie tightened her grip on august, pressing her head even further into august chest, searching for that familiar feeling of comfort and love she always felt when she hugged the redhead.

the two best friends had the time of their lives, dancing and signing along to all of taylor's set list — as well as the surprise songs. august had freaked out when taylor started playing the great war. that was one of her absolute favourite taylor swift songs — and gracie just so happened to know that.

gracie smiled at the adorable girl in front of her, dancing, crying and singing all at once as the great war was played live, right in front of them. the brunette singer had maybe, maybe not, requested that surprise song for tonight. august looked back at her, smiling widely, but tilting her head when she noticed gracie wasn't dancing or singing along — or crying for that matter.

but then the redheads eyes widened "you! you did this!"

gracie's shrugged, a small smirk playing on her lips.

"i can't believe you! thank you, angel, you beautiful human being!" august squealed, hugging gracie tightly before grabbing her arms and dancing around with her.

they laughed, they cried, they sung, and they danced. all by themselves, in their own little word. a world without brandon, a world without inappropriate feelings, and a world without any judgmental eyes.

author's note
yep, not a fan of this one either
but gracie's sad and i don't want her to be sad

also, i'm not sure if the date i've written and, like, amount of
times gracie has performed are correct. i tried researching but i
got confused and gave up.