Conrad reluctantly sat up from Matildas lap,
"Here" Jeremiah passed him the drink,
"Thanks." Conrad muttered tiredly.
"You wanna try some Tilly?" Jeremiah tried,
"I'll pass, save some for Con just in case he needs more." Matilda suggested, not wanting to drink whatever was in that glass. Jeremiah nodded, walking back over to Steven and Laurel.

"C'mon! We can't be late for our first day of work. " Steven complained.

"We won't, we're good. " Jeremiah reassured him.

"Cmon man. ". Steven hit Jeremiah's ass as he walked past.
"Oooh!" Jeremiah laughed.

Matilda raised an eyebrow at the pair, as she put one hand on Conrad's back, rubbing circles.

"Those country club boomers will tip me so much, they wont know what hit 'em!" Steven grinned,

"Oh!" Jeremiah barked out a laugh.

"Poor souls." Matilda commented, earning Steven to flip her off. Laurel shared a look with Matilda,

"Steven I swear." Laurel shook her head grimacing.

"What?" Steven laughed, knowing exactly why she was scolding him.

"C'mon Laurel, my boys gotta get that bread." Jeremiah joked,

"Thank you!" Steven laughed, clapping his hands together.

Suddenly, Belly strolled into the kitchen.
"Belly, where have you been?" Laurel interrogated,
"No where." Belly responded.

It was silent for a few moments.

"Uh, cereal?" Jeremiah offered, smiling sweetly.
"Sure, hit me!" Belly grinned,
"Sure." Jeremiah nodded happily, pouring cereal into a bowl.

Susannah suddenly dashed into the kitchen,
"Conrad, Matilda!" she exclaimed, beckoning them over.
Conrad groaned slightly, but Matilda helped him up, dragging him into the kitchen.
"So, Matilda and Belly are going to be debutantes!" Susannah announced giddily,
Everyone smiled lightly, while Laurel rolled her eyes.
"It's not that big of a deal-" Belly muttered.
Susannah gushed, pulling both girls into a hug.
"I'm sorry, Belly, that thing, my sister, right there?" " Steven gasped,
"And Matilda, dancing?" Jeremiah snorted.
"Shut up Cretin!" Belly snarled at Steven,
Matilda rolled her eyes, flinging a hair band at Jeremiah.
Susannah cut the arguing off excitedly, "okay, this is going to be so much fun!" She beamed, "there's the tea, the auction, the ball- of course the rehearsal - I gotta write this down."

Conrad smiled lightly at his moms excitement.
Matilda smiled, glad she made Susannah so happy.

Susannah suddenly turned round again gasping, looking at the two girls, " we need to go shopping! "

Belly let out a chuckle.

"That sounds— expensive." Laurel spoke up awkwardly,
Matilda nodded gently, " I'd love to go shopping, but I don't have much either, and fat chance of Dad paying for it. "
Conrad frowned tiredly, as he rubbed his girlfriends arm. Really, he was prepared to say he would pay for everything if it made sure she could go to the deb ball.

Susannah quickly waved her hand in dismissal, " don't worry, ladies. It's on me! "

Laurel and Matilda both opened there mouths to argue, but Susannah was too swift in moving the conversation on, "it was my idea anyway, and we still need to style you for your book party. " she pointed at Laurel.

"Girls, are you sure you wanna do this?" Laurel asked the two, concern gleamed in her eyes. She turned to her daughter, "Belly, it doesn't seem very you. "