Chapter 9: The Third Trial

Start from the beginning

"We must clarify the method of transportation for Taka's lifeless body." Said Byakuya.

"Are you talking about the dolly and the tarp?" Asked Makoto.

Byakuya just scoffed at him. Causing Makoto to just be a bit nervous before he spoke once again.

"Let me try and explain." Said Makoto. "Taka's body disappeared from the equipment room, and then we rediscovered it in the repository. When we found it for the second time, it was wrapped in a blue tarp, right? It was the same tarp that was stored in the equipment room. The killer must've seen it and used it to move Taka's body. That way they wouldn't leave any bloodstains while moving his body."

"Okay, that explains the tarp. And the dolly?" Asked Sakura.

"Same thing. I'm sure the dolly was in the equipment room when we first found Taka's body there." Said Makoto. "But when the body disappeared, so did the dolly. And later, when Taka's body was rediscovered in the repository, so did the dolly."

"In other words, you think they used the dolly to move the body, am I right? But are you sure you are not mistaken?" Asked Celestia.

Celestia's questions seemed to catch Makoto off guard.

"Are you absolutely positive the dolly was in the equipment room when we found Taka's body?" Celestia asked. "That dolly was made specifically for moving large objects between the repository and the art room. It would be very strange to discover it made it's way to the way to the equipment room. Is it not possible that it was in the repository all along, and you simply didn't realize it?"

"She's raised an objection. How do you respond?" Said Byakuya.

"If you're asking for proof, I have an answer. When I found the dolly in the repository, one of the wheels had a bloodstain on it." Said Makoto. "There was a pool of blood in the equipment room with a mark in it that matched the dolly wheel's tread."

"If that stain matches the tread, then it appears that the dolly was in the room we originally found Taka's dead body." Said Y/N.

Celestia then scoffed at Makoto once again. Seemed she didn't like being told she was wrong.

"Now that we have the method of transportation clarified, let's get back to the main subject." Said Byakuya.

"You mean how Robo Justice isn't the killer. If Robo Justice isn't a killer robot, then what kind of robot is it?" Said Aoi.

"I don't think that matters, Hina." Said Sakura.

"I'd be happy to explain how the occupant of the suit couldn't possibly be the killer." Said Byakuya. "If you look at how the body was transported, it will become immediately obvious. It's important that you keep in mind that the dolly doesn't have a hand on it."

"But even without a handle, they could've still bent over and pushed it," Said Aoi.

"I don't think that is possible for that to happen." Said Y/N.

"Huh? Why?" Said Aoi.

"Well, you did try to put the suit on yourself. You also said that you couldn't bend at the waist or see your feet right?" Said Y/N.

"Oh yeah, right. I forgot." Said Aoi.

"Well, what's to stop you from pushing the dolly with your feet?" Celestia suggested.