As the cop car pulled up behind me, my eyes questioned the act through the mirror. Why the hell was I being pulled over? Aside from that I obliged and pulled off to the side, watching the cop car park close behind. In anticipation and expectance, I rolled my window down and heard the faint cracks of rocks behind me. Every step it got louder and louder and when uniform arms crossed my gaze, I looked out and up at... Leone?

"Figured," he first said, a hushed tone. "I didn't think it'd actually be you – thought it was someone else's car." Looked like he got his dream job or was still in straining. This late, at that. Good for him he accomplished something in life.

"So are you gonna tell me why you pulled me over?"

"First you could stop with the smug look and attitude," he replied. "Second, I need you to get out of the car, please." Obedient, I listened. "Have you been drinking? Smoking? Can you show me some ID, please?" Wow, hearing him talk all professional with a demanding voice took me back. But the questions, they perplexed me.

"What?"

"Chance... have you been drinking and smoking? You were speeding."

I wasn't speeding. "I wasn't speeding and I'm not drunk or high."

A soft hum came from him as his eyes studied me, as if assuring his thoughts. "You are high. I think I'd know and yes you were speeding. A 90 over 60 on a one way street," he explained. "I need to you please put your hands up and over the back of your head and face your car."

"So you could cuff me and throw me in a cell for something I wasn't doing? Fuck that." What a bastard. "Just ticket me for speeding."

His nose started flaring, those eyebrows dwindled in an arc and his right hand reached to his side. "Chance... don't make it hard. C'mon. Cooperate." So what did he think he was gonna do? This is what was called a privilege; overthrown for those above the law. The same ones enforcing it.

A simple object gave him a privilege over me. Retarded.

His persistent presence boiled my veins and reddened my face from the way it felt. Was this what Thomas had to deal with? Shit. "Tell me what I really did then I'll cooperate," I said. "I bet you're just doing this to spite me.

A heavy huff left his lips before he approached me, latching onto my hand and spun me around and over my hood. Strong he was but I didn't do any wrong. Considering it was Leone himself and I've wanted to knock the bastard for a long while, I kicked him back, turned and flew a strong, balled fist at his temple.

He staggered back but regained a few seconds of consciousness and stood two feet steady on the ground. He reached to his side and pulled his gun on me, simple privilege, like he viewed me as one of those savages behind bars. The fear and readiness to pull the damn trigger were shown in his eyes. Talk about a league out for their people, serving their people, seeing all as innocent until the first crime.

A part of me, deep down inside, wished he did.

"Hey!" a deep voice drawled from the shadows, behind the open driver's side of the cop car. He edged out in front of the lights, a bigger guy than Leone. "Guns are not used on stubborn, disobedient high men. Do you understand?" It should never be used on the innocent, either. But a fucking drunk? I'd think I'd know if I was and high.

Leone withdrew the gun back in his duty rig and there went up my hands. A complete dumbass I'd make of myself if I messed with his partner who could take me out with those powerhouse arms of his. So as Leone cuffed me over my car hood, he did wonder one thing. A string of curiosity evident in his voice and there wasn't an answer I could give him. If there was, I wouldn't explain it.