chapter 5 fallen angel and the destroyer

It had been two weeks since Issei and Penemue had met.

It had also been two weeks since they started living together. Azazel really wanted the secretary of the Grigori to help Issei, so he decided that moving the two under the same roof would speed the process along.

It turned out that Penemue had her own place in Rome. It was a much different place for Issei but the fallen angel helped him adjust to the new surroundings and made sure to always be by his side.

The angel owned small home, on the outskirts of a town, with two bedrooms, a bathroom, a small kitchen, and a living room. Issei had taken the spare room while Penemue slept right across the hall from him. Everyday they would wake up, greet each other, Penemue would cook, and they would either travel the city, watch tv, or just talk with one another.

As time progressed, Issei found that the fallen angel had grown on him. She was very kind and caring to him. She always made sure he was happy and was very patient with him with he was troubled. When he had an issue, she would talk it out with him and always gave her best opinion, which usually cheered him up.

He found himself frowning less and less and beginning to smile once again. He even laughed in one of their conversations.

One time, an enemy from khoas brigade scratched penemue's cheek causing issei to go berserk as he began to beat up the enemy that damage penemue though penemue rushed towards issei and hugged him from behind his back She held him close to her and rubbed his face with a gentle hand as she spoke sweetly to him until his berserk state calmed down only for issei to realize that the enemy he beat up was obliterated.

Since then she stayed by his side and watched over him, just to make sure he didn't have another rampage that would destroy the entire world.

Time continued to pass and, one day, Issei felt something in his heart. A close connection with his roommate, and it startled him. Scared him even. He knew the feeling all too well, feeling it twice in his life, before his heart was broken.

It was love. Or a very deep affection, at least but deep down issei knew what it truly was and it was love even though he tried to ignore it he couldn't help but feel that feeling everytime he and penemue greet each other.

His heart would pound, his palms would become sweaty, he'd become nervous when he talked to her, and he would smile out of nowhere whenever he was around her. It was the very same signs he felt towards Rias and Raynare along with the rest of the girls that issei once loved, at some point.

His first thoughts were to figure out how he should confront those feelings. They were like a curse to him and it always ended in him nearly dying because of them.

Raynare murdered him and casted off his feelings like they were a nuisance. Rias and the girls abused those feelings and he nearly committed suicide because of them.

In the end, he was knocking at Death's door.

What would happen if he tried to admit his feelings to Penemue? Would she kill him, like Raynare did? Because both females were fallen angels , so it could connect in some way or another.

Or would she cast him away and send him into mental spiral that would inevitably force him to kill himself? She and Rias did try to heal his wounded heart, so that was a connection also.