32. Colour me red

Start from the beginning

"Well, well, look who decided to show up at a party finally. Arhaan, the big shot."

"Yeah, I guess." I respond, gritting my teeth. He is such a fucking tool.

"And who is the pretty lady next to you, if I may ask." He says, kissing the top of her hand. As my hand clenches up.

"No, you may not." Leaning in, taking Inayah's hand from his grip. I threatened. Each word dripping with venom. With that I guide Inayah towards the sitting area.

Fuck the aligns, I guess.

Walking towards the sitting area, secluded in one corner.
The sound of soft music being played by a women on a harp in the centre becomes clearer.

A large bar sits beside her, serving drinks and desserts by various uniformed servers.

Narrowing my eyes at the unwanted gazes around the room, I pull one of the seats for Inayah to sit on.

Suddenly I'm regretting my decision to bring Trésor here, I didn't know people were so interested in an... outsider.

And by outsider I mean my wife, someone who has no links to mafia, someone who is just sitting here looking beautiful effortlessly.
Something these people were no doubt completely oblivious to.

Just for a little time though.

In mafia wives don't get the respect and love they deserve, they are treated as baby making machines so people don't usually find their wives important.

Not for me though. Introducing Inayah to these mafia families was not only because it was something which had to be done, I'm mainly doing this to show that she is not just my "wife" she is also someone I truly care and love.

Because she is not only my weakness but also my strength and by that I'm making sure that everyone in this room knows that she is someone who they should not mess with.

Because I have her back. Always.

I drag my eyes back to the centre of the room, pausing on Adrik Raichand.

He is talking to some other crime organisation, but he is not mentally present there his eyes are unmovingly set upon Inayah.

Looks like someone wants to die.

And I know for a fact it'll be a good riddance.

°•°☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆•°•

☆Inayah's pov ☆

My heels click in against the marble floor as we enter inside the building. The ballroom, like its term is extravagant.

Walls craved with gold foiled detailing, the windows are draped in dark velvet. The high ceilings, littered with vaulted designs. Large white marble pillars around the room, expensive paintings.