Chapter 9

Hunter

I trace my fingers over my lips, my heart does a little dance. All the tension I have been experiencing at work seems to melt away and my muscles feel loose almost like I'm floating.

I couldn't stop myself from reliving being at the meadow with Ashton. Feeling the rain on my skin - not forgetting taste of Ashton's lips on mine.

"Sir?" A voice interrupts my reminiscing.

"Yes?" I sneak a brief look at our executive assistant, currently peering into my office.

"I have the balance sheet from travel insurance team for you to look over."
Our excutive assistant peers into my office.

"Oh," I signal her inside.

I glance over the sheet, before adding it to the pile of other documents I had to look over.

I can't quite focus on my work, when I am obsessing over how to get a second kiss from Ashton.

I wouldn't outright kiss him anytime I wish since any romance between us can be a hit-and-miss. One minute, he'd let me romance him and the next he'd act utterly unmoved by my advances.

Ashton had me wrapped around his little finger. And I found myself not resisting.

"Sir?"
"Bridget?"

Bridget was a great employee but she could be excessive in her helpfulness.

"That's all, you can leave for day," I tell her.

She nods but stops at the door.

"Actually, sir. I am wondering if you would like me to hire a PA other than Thomas to help you at home."

I raise a brow at her."I don't need any help at home."

The townhouse was modest, crowding it with unnecessary help would be brash.

I made myself busy with work for rest of time I am at office. I hardly notice the clock signalling at the start of tomorrow.

I get home around minutes after one. Expecting to find Ashton already asleep, I am surprised to find him in kitchen.

"When did you start waiting up for me?" I ask him.

"I am not," he replies in a tired voice. "I am just not sleepy."

I shake my head, wearied by his words. I am really too exhausted to coax him into confessing if he had been waiting sup for me.

"Of course," I say with a yawn, my stomach finally remembering that lunch was thirteen hours ago.

"I saved dinner for you," Ashton voices.

"I would hope so," I chuckle."Seeing that I am one paying Jeremy's wages."

"Who's Jeremy?" He asks.

"The man that cooks our dinners for bloody hell." I remind him in a upset voice.

"I'll make a note of that."He says."Well, I asked Jeremy to make us roasted chicken for dinner." He glosses over the man's name, almost as if he had deliberately choose to forget it altogether.