Answers and Explanations

"It is nice to finally meet you Rose. My name is Elizabeth." Allison's mother says as she shakes my hand.

"It's nice to meet you too ma'am." I reply as I shake her hand as well.

"I don't mean to be rude, but can someone please explain to me what is going on?" James asks as he comes closer to me.

"Of course dear. Why don't we all go sit down, then I will explain everything." Elizabeth says as she walks towards the living room. As we enter the room I notice that all of the furniture looks like it is from the Victorian era. There are several tall-backed chairs. The cushions are bright purple, red, and green. There is a long dark-wooden table in the middle of the floor. The windows are covered with deep red curtains. On one of the walls is a large fireplace that had a huge fire in it. I instantly got nervous seeing. 

"Go ahead and sit down." Elizabeth said pointing to a large sofa next to the fireplace. I slowly walked over and sat down on the end farthest from the fire. James sat down next to me. 

"So, Rose. Alison has told me a little bit about you and the incidents at school. Would you mind telling me a bit more about yourself and what it's like at home?" Alison's mother asks me sweetly. I look at James to see what he thinks. He softly nods his head, so I turn back to Elizabeth and start to tell her everything. 

"Weird things have been happening for as long as I can remember. At first it started with things moving when I was upset and it would rain whenever I was sad. As I got older more things would start to happen. The furniture would move, huge storms would start, and I began being able to start fires out of thin air."

"It sounds like your powers are linked with the elements: fire, earth, water, and air." Elizabeth said.

"What do you mean?" I asked her.

"Every witch has certain types of powers. For instance, Allison's powers deal with emotions. She is able to control people's emotions and make them feel whatever she wants them too. But you have control over the elements so you can make the elements do whatever you want them to do."

"Oh, ok. What powers do you have?" I asked, as I stared at her full of curiosity. 

"I have control over time and space. I am able to look into the past and the future, while also being able to affect present events."

"How come Rose seems to be the only one in our family with powers of any sort?" James asked all of  a sudden.

"I am not sure yet." Elizabeth said, "I would have to look into your family tree to find out where her magic originated. I would also like to test you to see if your powers are just blocked in some way." Elizabeth said with a confused look. 

"What kind of test?" James asked with a hint of suspicion in his voice.

"It is really easy. It is mainly just concentration related. When your mind is strained that is when your powers reveal themselves." She said enthusiastically.

"How come my powers revealed themselves when I was younger?" I asked, a little bit confused.

"I think there were outside forces that were involved, and I believe that you have always been closer to the source of your magic, where as others in your family may not have been. Has anyone in your family ever talked to you about magic?" Elizabeth asked me.

"When I was younger my grandmother on my mom's side would always tell me stories about people with special powers who would go around saving people from evil creatures. She would tell me that I also had something special inside me and that someday I would learn about my true destiny." I said.

"Mom always told us that Grandma was just telling us stories and not to take anything she said to heart though, so I never did. I always though Grandma was crazy." James said sadly.

"I always believed her stories were true. I always dream about being the superhero that saved the day, and made the world a better place." I said back.

"Now we know Rose's powers showed up so early, but yours didn't James. Since Rose always believed in magic her powers revealed themselves to her. What ever happened to your Grandmother?" Elizabeth asked.

"She died when we were still young. Not long before I started creating storms and making things move." I told her sadly.

"I believe that that was the ultimate trigger. You see, your magic is linked with your emotions, and during a time of loss our emotions are all over the place and the overwhelming feelings we feel  awakens our magic inside of us. And since you already believed in magic that gave you a boost."

"That makes sense I guess."