6.

Chapter 6
Mother

PRESENT DAY 

"Gojo-san!!" 

Y/n smiled at the pink haired boy as she walked down the stairs leading to the basement of her home. 

"You know, you don't have to stay holed up down here. You're free to come upstairs." 

The disaster of a mission at the detention centre where the three first years, Megumi, Nobara, and Yuji were attacked by a special grade. Ultimately resulted in Yuji's death, landing him in the basement of the Gojo's family home. 

In preparation for the Kyoto Goodwill Event, Satoru felt it was a good idea to train Yuji on how to control his cursed energy-- as well as keep his status hidden from the jujutsu society. 

"It's okay, I already feel like I'm intruding enough." The teen politely declined, keeping a hand on the cursed teddy bear as he replied. 

Y/n sighed, in her hands was a plate full of steaming dinner. 

"Please, just for today can you come eat upstairs?" 

It'd been just over a week since Yuji was training relentlessly in the basement. Training relentlessly through watching movies while controlling his energy output on the cursed tool. 

They'd fallen into a routine of Y/n coming home from work making dinner then bringing Yuji's share downstairs for him. While Satoru had made sure to supply the basement with plenty of snacks, Y/n stressed to the teen how important it was he ate real food too. 

While she had asked him before if he wanted to come upstairs, this was the first time she repeated the invite to come up for dinner. 

The reason behind it? This evening Satoru had a meeting with Masamichi meaning she'd be sitting at the dinner table alone. Even though the dinner's Y/n shared with her husband were silent, and despite her feeling sometimes as if she were invisible around him; his presence to her was undeniable. 

If theres anything she'd taken away from that day too, is that she could not be alone if it can be helped. 

Falling weak to the pleading look in her eyes, Yuji rose from his seat on the chair, teddy bear in his hands. 

"Okay, just tonight." 

Beaming, a wide smile covered her features as she walked back up the stairs with Yuji following behind her.

Leading to the dinner table, Yuji was quick to comment on his teachers absence.

"He has a meeting today--Water or juice?" Y/n quickly switched off of the topic, pouring Yuji a glass of water after he gestured towards it. 

Pulling his own chair, Yuji sat down with the teddy bear in his lap. One hand rested on the cursed tool while the other picked up one of the utensils to begin eating. 

"Oh... Give me this." Reaching over the table Yuji watched with a mouth full of food as Y/n pulled the bear out of his hand, bringing it to rest at her side with a hand on its head. 

Immediately, the boy dropped what he was doing and opened his mouth to retaliate as soon as he swallowed; Y/n even quicker to cut him off. 

"Ah--" Raising her index finger warningly, she then turned her upward finger to face Yuji who wore a bewildered expression. "I don't wanna' hear it." 

"But Gojo-sensei said that--" 

"The food's getting cold." Cutting the young boy off once again Y/n diverted her eyes down to her plate, taking a mouthful of her food.