Chapter 5

The smell of bacon filled my nose as I slowly came to my wake. I wished to stay asleep longer but the smell was so strong and delicious that I couldn't help it. I rose from the bed, giving way to a great stretch. My hair was messy but I didn't mind it. As I came to my senses I heard a voice call to me. "Ophelia! Breakfast is ready. If we want to make it then come eat now!" A smile grew on my face. I threw on my robe over my nightgown and ran to the kitchenette. 

"Johnny!" I wrapped my arms around him, embracing him in a big hug. " You usually wake up later than me. What's new about today?"  I let him go and snagged a piece of bacon that had finished. " Well, Ophelia, I recall you telling me that you wanted to see the sunrise on Vacay Island since it's beautiful there. So I took it upon myself to wake up, make breakfast and let you get ready so we can go see it. I have everything planned, so all you have to do is get yourself ready" He gave way to that wide smile that I've grown to love.

I couldn't help but smile. Ever since we confessed our feelings for each other two months ago, we've been spending some one on one time together. Little dates, days where we would stay in, days where we would go out. Gifts and the occasional sleeping over each others houses. This by far has to be the best thing he could ever do. He pushed me away as if signaling me to go and get ready while he finished breakfast. So I did. I threw on a turtleneck sweater and some overall shorts, Legwarmers to match the sweater and I put my hair into a bun. I made sure I looked good for this moment. It was one of the biggest gestures John Dory has done for me so far. 

I scurried out of the room once finished and John was backing breakfast. " Sorry Ophelia. We're going to have to eat on the road if were gonna make it. I hope you don't mind" His ears perked up waiting for me to answer. " As long as I'm with you. Everything is ok with me" I smiled and he returned it. " But Johnny, We should leave like, now." He checked his watch and grabbed the bags, grabbing my hand in the process, and we scurried to Rhonda and set off for the road. 

I had fallen asleep after I had eaten. I'm not sure how long I was asleep, but when I woke up we were there. I stretched and yawned, then noticed John Dory wasn't in here with me anymore. I looked around for a moment before deciding to go outside and look for him. There was a trail of daisy petals leading me to somewhere. I followed with a smile until I reached him. He was sitting on a blanket with his large grin plastered on his face. " Glad you made it in time. Now, come sit" He patted the area next to him. I gladly took a seat. Leaning against him as we watched the sky. And he was right, As soon as I sat down the sun began to rise, and it was beautiful. The warmth that filled my heart as we shared this moment was one that I had never felt before. I rested my head on his shoulder and he placed his head on top of mine. Our hands touched until they were interlocked. " Johnny..." I called. " Yes Ophelia?" He lifted his head to look at me. 

" I just want to thank you for all the kind gestures up until now. This has to be by far the best thing you've ever done for me and the biggest gesture. I've been dying to see the sunrise of Vacay Island since I moved to Troll Kingdom, and now that I get to see it...and especially with you, I've never felt so loved and wanted before." I couldn't stop myself from smiling as I spoke. He looked at me with wonder in his eyes. I knew that this moment was perfect timing for what I've been waiting for. I swallowed my pride and went in and kissed him. I felt him jolt a little before relaxing into it. He gripped both of my hands before we broke the kiss. " Woah..." He paused. " It is true that waiting for the right moment, a kiss can be wonderful" He smiled. I giggled and we relaxed into each others arms as we watched the sunrise. " You make me the happiest troll John Dory." 

" And you make me feel like the luckiest troll in the world, Ophelia"

( Hi, Author here. So sorry is shorter than usual but finals are eating me uppppp. Promise next chapter will be longer, but for now here's a little taste of what's to come :) )