Chapter 17: Sword, Fish, Resistance

The group walked to the agreed meeting place in Yashiori Island, only to notice Teppei already there waiting for them

"Aha, there you are, good to see you." Teppei greeted with a grin. "Your appointment with Sangonomiya is fast approaching. We should get going. Are you ready? We'll start by heading to the camp on Watatsumi Island, and then we'll go meet Her Excellency together from there. If you start to feel seasick at any point during the trip, let me know straight away. That said, you've spent time with the Crux Fleet in the past, so I think you'll probably be fine... Ready... and away we go!

-Timeskip brought to you by Chibi Paimon meets Chibi Ochobot. They become flying companion buddies-

They walked for quite a while until they reached the resistance camp on Watatsumi Island

"Here we are. The training grounds for Watatsumi Island's troops. Right now, the resistance is predominantly made up of local soldiers from Watatsumi Island. Some of them are fighting with the Shogun's army in Tartarsuna, and some of them are stationed here on the island to keep the locals safe."

"Did you use to train here, too?" Paimon asked

Teppei nodded in agreement. "Yep! Unfortunately, I had to join the fight in Tatarasuna before I'd had the chance to impress the instructors. So they had me start off by helping out in the logistics division... I'll be staying here for now. If you need me for anything, just come here.

If I'm not around, just write a note and stick it on the wall. As soon as I see it, I'll come find you...Shoot, it's nearly time for the appointment with Her Excellency. I'll have to show you around Watatsumi Island some other time. For now, let's get ourselves over to Sangonomiya!"

The group nodded as they followed him

-Timeskip brought to you by Chibi Paimon running away from Chibi Gopal because she stole his watch-

At Sangonomiya Shrine

They saw Kokomi talking with someone

"Food supplies are the absolute top priority, period. We cannot afford any losses." With the conflict between us and the Shogun's Army getting more intense by the day, we must prioritize the stability of the rearguard."

"Understood. I will think of a way..." the man, Ookubo Daisuke, replied

"Take heart. We have a fresh batch of supplies in hand, and I'm working on expanding the army. I appreciate that the lack of manpower has been hard on all of you. But things are going to get better."

"We're expanding the army? Oh, that's great. Whoever this mystery supporter is, they're doing us a great service...

Huh? Teppei? What are you doing back on Watatsumi Island? Might I ask, who..."

Teppei looked smug "Haha, VIP guests of Her Excellency, that's who. I'm acting under orders to escort them both here."

"Oh really? Wait, so are you new recruits everyone's been talking about? Strength of twenty men, splits an arrow in twain from a hundred paces, skin as hard as diamond... That's you two?"

"Seriously, what is going on with these rumors!" Paimon asked in shock

"Hehehe." Boboiboy scratched his cheek a little

"You've come a long way. I'm sure you must be here on pressing business, so I won't disturb you any further. Feel free to visit me if you have any time to spare." Ookubo Daisuke told them and turned to Kokomi "Your Excellency, I'll take my leave."