I shook my head very slowly. "Nope. Guess you'll have to show me."

He swallowed thickly, removing his camera from around his neck and setting it carefully on the ground. "That could be dangerous."

"I thought you liked danger. Wasn't it you who accused me of not having a real life just a few days ago—making fun of the parties I attend and the friends I have?"

"That was wrong. I shouldn't have said those things." His eyes never left me, and I noticed he was clenching and unclenching his fists as he stood watching. He looked hungry, but hungry more like a predator hiding in the grass, waiting for the perfect time to pounce on his victim. It both thrilled and scared me.

I was no queen of seduction, but suddenly wished I was—wished I knew how to make him close the distance between us. "Hunter," I whispered, not knowing what else to say.

That was the magic word.

He was on the pad in an instant, stretched beside me, leaning over as he slid his hand up my arm and into my hair. "You're so gorgeous." I felt his hand trembling, and he lowered his lips toward my mouth, but at the last second he quickly lifted them to brush against my forehead instead.

I was so confused and frustrated. No one had ever looked at me the way he did—no one had ever made my insides flip the way he could. Yet, he seemed so reluctant to seal the deal. I was tired of beating around the bush.

"Kiss me, Hunter," I demanded, not caring if it was the right thing to say anymore. I slid my hands up his muscle-lined arms, linking them around his neck.

He groaned, releasing a big sigh. "I want to, Goody. You have no idea how much I want to."

His words made my heart sing.

"I can't kiss you, though."

And my heart crashed.

"Why not? What would be so terrible about kissing me?"

He laughed wryly. "Nothing I can think of."

"Then for heaven's sake, what's stopping you?" I felt like a little girl stomping her foot because she wasn't getting what she wanted.

He moved closer, and I could feel his breath on mine as he stared at my lips. I knew the exact moment he decided, and I lifted my mouth to meet his.

"Well, isn't this cozy?" Clay's voice interrupted, and I fell back onto the mat with an exasperated groan as Hunter turned toward him, releasing me as he sat up.

I'd never wanted to punch Clay so badly.

"Can we help you with something, Bradley?" Hunter asked as he looked him over.

I sat up, seeing Clay standing there in another set of designer clothes. His body was tense, face flushed, and his mouth was set in an angry grimace.

"What are you doing out here with him, Cami?" he demanded. "We discussed this."

"Excuse me?" Hunter asked, and I could see things were quickly going from bad to worse.

"I'm here because I want to be. Why are you here, Clay?" I scooted over, sitting at the end of the mattress.

"Why? Because someone needs to protect you, and it's obviously not going to be him. You are aware half the school can see the two of you canoodling here together, aren't you?" He waved his hand in the direction of the heavily windowed buildings before turning back to Hunter. "You moved in for the kill pretty fast. I told her you were only after one thing."

I thought my eyes were going to bug out of my head, I was so incredible angry.

Hunter folded his arms casually and studied Clay. "You have no idea what you're talking about," he said rather calmly. "But this is my advice—walk away before you make things any worse."