The smaller girl nodded as she turned around, storming back out. A quiet chuckle escaped Liam at his sister, she was something alright.

Before he gets even more of a lecture from his sister, Liam makes his way downstairs: wondering why they were arguing this time.  The reasons behind his parent's arguments were often small, but his father's love for alcohol fueled them like gasoline.

“What the hell is going on?!” Liam questioned, his voice raised, as he walked into the room. A litter of glass stood underneath where his parents were arguing, and he noticed his mother wiping his eyes as he walked in.

The brute figure of his dad turned to face him, his eyes were red and heavy and a new swell was forming under his eyes. Typical… Getting into fights.
“Don't talk to me like that, son…" The slur of a voice murmured out in drunken anger.

“I ain't your son.” Liam scoffed, looking at his father up and down. Vomit littered his father's shirt. “You're a mess…" The boy noticed his father's fists scrunching up but ignored it as he grabbed his jacket from off the floor.

“You're a fucking mess.”

After taking one last look at him, he turned around — heading for the door.

“Don't you walk away from me, boy!” A drunken yell echoed through the house. He could hear the sound of uneven footsteps and the ushered whispers of his mother's pleads.

“I'll do what I want. You don't own me.” The boy called back, he'd never feared his father like his mother did: she stood up for him around utter strangers just in case he found out. She had always been scared, but not him.

Just as he was about to open the door, he feels a pair of rough, calloused hands grab hold of his shoulders: throwing him to the side. A sharp pain shoots into the dark-haired boy as he slams into the steps of the stairs.

“Boy… Did nobody ever teach you any respect?!” A familiar look of rage filled his father's eyes as he loomed over him.

“Well I didn't have the best father figure, now did I?” A hint of coldness filled his voice before groaning in pain. Hopefully, it's just a bruise. He thought as he uses his hands to push himself back to his feet.

Just as he got himself up off the floor, he was knocked back down. A shooting pain erupted in his cheek as the demon's fist made contact with his cheek. The taste of a sweet, familiar liquid lingered in his mouth as he supported himself with his arms. A throbbing pain taking over the left side of his face.

“Ian!” A petrified yell of his mother, filled with pain and fear, echoed through the house as she stared at his father.

“You're a little shit… Always were!” His father spat, he could feel his eyes burning into the back of his neck.

“Lee… You should go…" His mother sobbed, barely staying on her feet, as he saw tears falling from her face and soaking her shirt.

“And never come back to my house, you little bitch!”

Liam watched as the feet of his father shoved past his mother, back to the living room, where he'd probably pass out drunk. “My boy… My sweet, sweet baby boy." He hears his mother murmur to herself, her voice croaky and cracking as she takes deep breaths inbetween words.

“Woman! I need another beer!" The bitter voice called from the room over, and with that, his mother left, not even checking on him.

Liam can't help but laugh, collapsing on the floor as he laughs so much it feels like he can't breathe. “What a start to a day…" He mutters between breaths. Kicked out, punched to shit… And my mom doesn't even care. He thought, as he was on the floor. The sweet nectar still filling his mouth and he could feel a cold liquid running down his cheek.

─── ⋆⋅☼⋅⋆ ───

The dark-haired boy stood outside a house, he could only dream of ever living in. He looked extremely out of place inside Figure Eight, but he didn't know where else to go: the Heyward's were busy. A gray, dirty torn shirt covered his chest while the people he saw walking around were in suits. A swell was starting on his cheek and dry blood had stained it from a cut, the punch had formed. God, it doesn't feel right being here…

As he lingers in his thoughts, he's interrupted by the door opening. Kie stood there in a pair of shorts and a black t-shirt, just like the normal hippie clothes she wears. On her face was a look of horror and concern, her eyes wide and her mouth slightly agape.

“Hey… What the hell happened to you?” Kiera says, her tone one of fear mixed with worry.

─── ⋆⋅☼⋅⋆ ───

Hey people! Sorry for this one being a lot longer but god damn did this story intensify quick! If y'all don't hate Ian (Liam's dad) then your definitely going to later on — small hint at what's going to happen.

Thanks for reading!

─── ⋆⋅☼⋅⋆ ───

Word count: 1306