Chapter one - Late Thursday night at the office in New York city

It was a late Thursday night at the office in New York city, the rain was pouring outside. Christmas was just around the corner and the city was full of decorations and busy people. Instead of stressing buying christmas gifts or preparing for christmas, I was stuck at the office. All of the other ones at the office went home hours ago, it was only me and this British guy Alex Turner. He started working at the office a month ago, we haven't spoken much. At the office he was a bit mysterious and always busy with something. I could tell he was very ambitious and work was something he took seriously. We had only exchanged just a few "Hi" and "Good morning". Something about him was so interesting, he was a rather reserved person and I wanted to know who he was outside of work. This Thursday night it was just me and him at the office alone working over time. Our boss needed some help with something and he chose us two since we apparently seemed most effective. I looked outside the window out of boredom and I watched people walking with their umbrellas and taxis everywhere, it seemed like it was full of stress in the streets. 

- "Can you stop daydreaming and go back to work? I wanna go home" He sat across me looking very tired. His tone sounded annoyed and firm. His accent made him seem so interesting. I started to feel embarrassed when he caught me. He shouldn't blame me since it's so boring being at the office, especially at this hour.

- "I'm sorry, what were you saying?" I blushed in embarrassment and looked at him. I could clearly see he was exhausted which made him extra annoyed.

- "I said can you get back to reality and finish it up? We can't go home until everything is done and I would really like to go home soon." His tone sounded even more firm.

- "I'm done with my part" It was true, I was done. The reason why I just sat around and didn't say anything was just because I dreamt away.

- "Impossible. You're really done? Let me see." He walked over to my desk and he was standing relatively close to me which made me feel nervous. I could almost feel his breath on my neck.

- "No you're far from done. You have written all wrong." He looked at the computer and glared at the documents. I frown since I was sure I did it all correctly.

- "What? I put the month, date and then year." I speak with confusion.

- "No you didn't. You put the year first. You're really tired huh?" He chuckled when he said the last sentence and it seems like he has softened up a bit. His smile made me feel warm inside, comforted even.

- "Yeah, I just want to go home." I smile back to him and I chuckle as well.

- "Same here, we will be done in no time now when you figure out why it looked weird." I start typing on my computer again while I look up once a while.

- "So, how is the wife at home? She must miss you." I tried to make it smooth, I wanted to know if he had a wife at all at home. I was almost sure since I noticed his ring before.

- "She's fine. She is probably baking some for the holidays and preparing for it. It's her favorite thing to prepare. Why do you ask?"

- "Just trying to make casual conversation since there is nothing entertaining here at this hour." I chuckle.

- "Are you doing anything for Christmas then?" He looked up at me.

- "Maybe..." I try to sound mysterious.

- "Maybe? Oh come on, tell me." He smiled playfully at me.

- "I have started seeing someone. It's pretty new"

- "And you'll celebrate Christmas with this new guy?"

- "Maybe...he doesn't like Christmas as much as I do."