| xxxxvi ; the fall of the honoured one

Start from the beginning

"Did it hurt?" Kirara asked, looking at the three of them?"

"It made me puke..." Both Yuta and Hakari said at the same time.

Y/N shuddered at the memory, "I literally blasted Gojo-sensei to another country because of how painful it was. He was apologetic about it for a month."

Kusakabe sighed, "From here on out, I ain't got a clue what Gojo's doing."

The fight continued on as Gojo and Sukuna made use of their surroundings to attack each other. Gojo used the surrounding rubble to his advantage and managed to encase Sukuna in it before slamming him into a wall. Following Sukuna's counterattack, Gojo split himself into four in an attempt to throw Sukuna off guard.

"The word 'treasure' in the chant to summon Mahoraga, along with the wheel, represents complete circulation and harmony," Y/N explained. "So, when that wheel turns after Mahoraga's been attacked, it means that it's adapting."

Just then, the wheel above Sukuna's head turned, catching everyone's attention.

"The wheel's turning!"

"Did it adapt?"

However, there was no sign of Mahoraga appearing after a few moments passed.

"I suppose this means it's adapted to Infinite Void five times," Mei Mei concluded.

"Does that mean it needs to turn several times to adapt to Gojo's Limitless technique?" Hakari asked.

"It's possible, considering how little regard those two have for what's impossible," Kusakabe said.

Gojo looked at Sukuna, "You need four spins total, yeah? That leaves three more. Three more spins until Mahoraga adapts to my Limitless."

"!!!"

"Just three spins left..." Yuji muttered.

"Ku ku ku... Looks like we have ourselves a countdown," Sukuna smiled. "To when that smirk will be wiped off your face, that is."

"Ehee, right back at ya!" Gojo grinned at him. "I'll beat you dead before you even hit three spins!"

Instantly after, Sukuna lunged at Gojo and the wheel above his head spun a second time. Everyone was literally on the edge of their seats, needing Gojo to hurry up and finish the battle.

In a blur of movements, the wheel spun for the third time. One more left. Yuji looked at the ground, absolutely stressed as he tried to figure out the conditions for Mahoraga's adaptation, "Is it time that's needed for the adaptation or experience?"

Y/N looked at him, "You're asking does it (A), take the attack once, take time to understand it and then adapt, or (B), adapt incrementally after taking the attack multiple times."

"Well, considering Gojo hadn't used any technique aside from Blue," Kusakabe reasoned. "Which could it be?"

"Either option is possible," Kashimo voiced out. "That's all there is to it."

Suddenly, Gojo's hand motions changed as he now used a different technique—Cursed Technique Reversal: Red. However, to everyone's dismay, Sukuna had used Amplification to minimise the damage taken.

"He misread it! At this rate...!" Higuruma exclaimed.

"It'll adapt!"

Sukuna looked at Gojo through the dust with a smirk, "Such sloppiness. Lost your cool after your hand was read?"

"Ya know... that 'Red' just now still hasn't exploded," Gojo revealed.

On cue, Sukuna was blasted away by Gojo's reversal technique, allowing Gojo to take control of the situation and have the upper hand momentarily. His first attack in was strong.