| xxxxvi ; the fall of the honoured one

"Domain Expansion!"

Y/N's eyes widened at the same time as Yuta's arms tightened around her figure. They both realised and saw what had happened in this particular Domain Battle.

"Just now!" Yuta exclaimed.

"What is it?" Hakari asked his juniors.

"Maybe, just maybe... Gojo-sensei expanded his domain an instant earlier," Y/N replied.

When Gojo's barrier disappeared, everyone saw that Sukuna's domain had collapsed, proving their words right. However, a new foe now entered the battle.

"Is that... Mahoraga?!" Y/N yelled.

"So that's the crown jewel of the Zen'in Clan," Mei Mei flipped her hair.

"It's a shikigami with the ability to adapt to any attack," Choso murmured.

Yuji looked at him, "You're saying it was able to adapt to even Infinite Void?!"

Y/N's heart lurched within her chest at the sight of Mahoraga. She knew the shikigami's abilities well, and knew that even Gojo would have a very hard time with it.

"Yuta... It's time," She whispered.

Yuta looked at her and shook his head, "Please... Not yet, angel. Don't leave me so soon. Don't go."

"My Yuta..."

"What just happened?!" Kusakabe hollered, capturing their attention once more.

The couple looked back to the screens as watched as blood began flowing out of Gojo's nose uncontrollably. Gojo covered his nose, doing his best to stop the bleeding.

"Using Reverse Cursed Technique to heal your exhausted innate technique... Looks like you've strained yourself quite a bit," Sukuna smirked. "Your cursed technique is etched into your brain, roughly around your right prefrontal cortex. You've been using cursed energy to damage your brain, then using Reverse Cursed Technique to refresh your burnt-out technique."

"!!!"

"Even using that once is crazy!" Yuta yelled.

"Based solely on the amount of times he's done that, he should be at Death's Door," Choso realised.

"He did something that reckless four times and just a second ago, so that makes it five times," Yuji counted.

"I thought Gojo had been getting used to healing his brain, but it looks like he's suffering the consequences now," Shoko looked at her best friend in concern. "Sukuna has more leeway here since he did it fewer times..."

Just before Y/N could move, Sukuna had raised his hands to expand his own domain once more. However, she was taken aback when blood flowed from Sukuna's eyes and nose.

Gojo laughed in response, "Looks like it's hitting you pretty damn hard!! My students are watching, y'know. I'm gonna go ahead and keep showing off. If I don't, my favourite student will steal my thunder."

Y/N rolled her eyes playfully while doing her best to remain strong after hearing his comment, "Just make it out alive, Gojo-sensei."

After the battle turned physical once more, Kusakabe raised his hand, "Who here has been seriously punched by Gojo?"

"If you mean taking blows from his Limitless technique, then we have," Y/N said, gesturing to her and Yuta.

"Same here," Hakari raised his hand.

"His fist is enhanced with cursed energy, and on the moment of impact, Blue repeatedly absorbs the surrounding space," Kusakabe rambled on.

"It isn't just stronger. It feels like you've been clocked by a counterattack after preparing for a regular blow," Hakari explained. "It's the absolute worst."