Chapter 6: The plan

Start from the beginning

(leather jacket and none of the weapons)

"Damn" one of the boys at the Hufflepuff table sighs out. Other's whistle in appreciation. The girls fan themselves and a few even sigh. 

James just grumbles from his place: "At least they aren't showing too much skin." A nod from Fleamont, Regulus, Orion and Sirius. Euphemia gives the men a judging side eye. It seemed her grandchildren would have to fight their overprotective fathers and grandfathers. 

Lily rolls her eyes at the man. What was so bad about showing some skin. The most important thing was that the children were comfortable and felt confident in their clothes. Everyone else could watch, as long as they didn't touch without permission. 

The two Slytherins leave their dorm on silent feet. Creeping through the hallways as if they've done so forever. They go up to the 3rd floor and through a door. Silently, Cassiopeia closes the door behind her. Then a loud growl and the two teens slowly turn around, only to come face-to-face with a three headed dog. 

Gasp sound through the Hall

Gasp sound through the Hall. Younger students hide behind the older ones. Lily grabs onto James for support, who is already clinging onto Sirius, who is laying nearly on top of Remus. 

Peter rolls his eyes and his eyes shine in sadistic delight. The boys the whole school was somehow looking up to were cowering into each other. He looks around the room, in hopes of seeing the disgusted and delighted looks thrown at his "friends", only to see understanding and sympathy instead. He muffles his growl behind his hand. They would get what's coming for them, if the movies were true. They would all get what's coming for them.

Cassie moves towards the Cerberus without hesitation, voice soothing, hand steady while she stretches it out to the three headed dog: "Shh, boy. It's just us. We don't mean you any harm." Her head cocks to the side, exposing her neck. Slowly the big dog leans down and sniffs on her hand and then on her neck, before laying down and rolling on his back. 

Cassiopeia giggles and begins to softly pet the dog. Corvus stands behind her, watching it all happen in a sort of uninterested amusement: "Two years in the woods and she can talk to animals five times her size, without any fear. What in Salazar's name did you see while you were out there to be this unimpressed by something that could easily rip your head off?" The younger sibling turns to him, a smirk on her face: "That's for me to know and for you to dot dot dot." 

"Woods? What does he mean?" James is still holding onto his brother and future wife, but his head is cocked to the side in confusion. No one answers his question tho, instead shushing him.

With that they move on, jumping down the trap door and landing in a plant. Neither of the two moves, letting the plant encase them until nothing of them can be seen anymore. Then they fall through and land on the ground.

Corvus grins up at the plant: "If that doesn't scream Professor Sprout, I don't know what does." The witch grins as well: "Hagrid and Professor Sprout done, Professor Snape, Dumbledore, Flitwick, McGonagall and Quirell remaining." 

And so they move on, landing themselves in a room with winged keys. A broom is sitting in the middle of the room, but the teens completely ignore it. Corvus holds his wand up: "Immobolus." And all the wings freeze immediately. Cassiopeia holds her wand forward: "Accio right key." Her magic easily overpowers that of Professor Flitwick, who was in charge of the spells and the key lands in her hand. 

In the next room, they are greeted by a huge chessboard. Corvus pauses, realizing something: "Hey, little sister. Come here." The smaller of the two does as told and comes to a stop next to her brother. "Now tell me, that you're seeing what I'm seeing." "We already knew that Dumbledore wanted Harry to go down here. It's all way to easy, obviously made for a first year. Let's go." 

With a simple "Bombarda" the wall collapses and the teens step through the hole, before closing it again with a repairing charm. 

"You have very powerful children Miss Evans, Mr. Potter and Mr. Black."  McGonagall looks at the screen with barely concealed respect at the power of the two children. The two families sit a little straighter at the praise from the woman. 

Orion, Abraxas, Regulus and Euphemia exchange a glance. It seemed they were the only ones, aside from Moody who really heard what the children said about Dumbledore. A quick look to the future generation lets them know what they need to. While Harry and Ron are watching in curiosity, they are relaxed. The others, especially the Weasley Twins and the Granger girl, though have gone tense at the mention of Dumbledore and throw untrusting looks in his direction every once in a while. 

The troll is easily taken care of and in the room after they take the smallest vile without hesitation, before using a simple fire proofing spell. And then they are standing infront of a mirror. 

"The old coot. Of course. Only he would come up with bullshit like this." Corvus looks like he's absolutely done with the world. So does Cassiopeia, but she steps infront of the mirror and even though no one can see what she's doing, a minute later there's a red stone in her hand. 

Corvus steps next to her and touches the stone. Immediately a replica of the stone is in his hands. Now, he is the one stepping infront of the mirror, putting the stone in his pocket, only for it to disappear. The camera shifts and shows the reflection of Corvus smirking at his counterpart, the stone now in his hands. 

The siblings grin at each other, exchanging a high five: "Mission accomplished." And leaving the room through a hidden door on the side of the wall.