CHAPTER 13 : Enemies?

Start from the beginning

I looked at them, lifting my head in curiosity at what they even meant-and I instantly looked down at my clothes. They were black! I knew they were just fooling around me, I knew it. They looked at me with wide eyes and a tiny smile coating their face.

"Oh yes, I've heard a story about a girl who was stuck by lightning because she was wearing black." Said Nakul in a severe style

"But we don't have to worry, we are not wearing black relax Nakul."

I once again peeked at them, with so much running in my mind, but I knew they were joking. But what if it's true-? What if thunder strikes me ???

No no no, that's rubbish nihira.

"But there is someone who might get affected Sehdev, should we help her." Said Nakul looking at me, while I was shivering badly in the cold.

"No way, there are many to carry her to the ashram, who are we even to help." Said Sehdev.

"Oh shut up-" I said, pruning him, I could not help myself from speaking.

Both of them looked at me with an expression that showed they were waiting for me to respond. Sehdev tried very hard to conceal his smile. But he couldn't. The undue water from his hair dropped down onto the flooring, making a spot in the muddy flooring.

"Look I'm sorry, I should have called you when I was allotted the task to clean that stable, but trust me I didn't want to disturb you so-" I said out loud, getting up and folding my hands firmly.

"We know it nihira, it's not your fault, but please be careful with Ashwat-" Before Sehdev could complete I stopped him in between,

"Yes, I know to be careful with Ashwattama, now are you guys talking to me?" I said smiling at them.

"And Duryodhan." Said, Sehdev.

"Yes, of course."

"And Dusassan." Said Nakul.

"I get it, from every Kaurava right," I said nodding my head.

"No, Vikarna is good." Said Sehdev.

"He's great." Said Nakul.

"And Dushala is the best among them-" said Sehdev.

" she's not our brother she's our sister Sehdev." Said Nakul

"Yeah, but you know what I mean, she's amazing nihira, you'd be glad to meet her." Said Sehdev.

"But how is she going to meet Dushala..."

And just like that I stared at them and their endless chatter. The little something I missed in myself unexpectedly came back, I was full. I was complete when I was with Nakul and Sehdev and their endless talking, I loved to listen to them venting about the most random thing they would find and would start blabbing about it until someone would stop them. But this time I felt like I would listen to their conversations even if it would be about medical science how they spent their childhood in a forest how they ended up being in Hastinapur and how they were treated by Duryodhan and his brothers except for Vikarna, yes vikarna.

They must have told me about all of their incidents more than ten times, yet they would start this topic out of nowhere and blabber about the whole day, and yet I would listen to them patiently. I felt happier than ever.

* * *
On the other hand in the ashram, Devpriya Didi was assigned the task of making dinner along with the troublemaker Duryodhan, it was in no way intentional. Gurudev wanted each student to know the skill of cooking, and among us, Devpriya Didi was the best cook thus Gurudev wanted Duryodhan and Dussassan to learn cooking skills from Devpriya Didi. Duryodhan sat underneath a big shelter made up of granite stones and bushes, waiting for the rain to stop.

Devpriya cutted vegetables, and her little curls came out unkempt from her bun, as the soft chilled chinch blew, she had goosebumps around her and, when the air brushed her bare skin. Duryodhan and Dussassan sat there making weird faces and begging inside for the rain to never stop. Duryodhan kept his palms on his face, sitting like a bloated sausage when Devpriya called her.

"Duri, can you just help me instead of sitting here like a status." Let out Devpriya.

"First of all, stop calling me Duri. What name is this even-" said annoyed Duryodhan.

"Haha, Duri." Came over the voice of Dusassan who sat just behind Duryodhan. He veered around back giving side eyes to Dussassan commenting over it.

"You can change your name, and this time give yourself a short name like Ravi, Surya or something like that." Said Devpriya.

"This was the name given by my father the Samrath of Kuru Kingdom Maharaj Dhritrashtra, so I like it however long it is." Said Duryodhan aggressively.

"Okay okay, Duri stop getting mad I was just joking, now peel off these peas." Said Devpriya moving a whole plate of peas in front of Duryodhan, who glimpsed to be stunned at that moment.

"Did you just order the Yuvraj of Hastinapur to a peal of these mere peas? How did you-" Before he could say any further devpriya began speaking.

"Okay no problem, sure I'll just inform Gurudev about your mere efforts in cooking today's dinner." Said Devpriya getting that plate back to herself and raising her shoulders with a subtle smile built upon her pink lips.

"No, no no, I'm doing. And stop calling me that" Said Duryodhan leaning down on the platform to take hold of that plate, when he lay down on the platform he saw Devpriya from a little closer, her dark brown eyes filled with kajal and her pink cheeks hidden behind those trails of hair, Duryodhan's heart skipped a beat. He stood there half-layed on the ground motionless and breathless for an instant. He gulped down what he had just saw, his cheeks soon turned red and his eyes were stuck upon Devpriya who peeled off the peas, her gaze met with Duryodhan's and she looked into his eyes, twinkling.

"What are you even looking at Duri." She said out loud, fetching Duryodhan back to reality. He got back to his conscious and stood up from the ground. Dusassan saw the entire scene, when Duryodhan adjusted himself he shook his head, and as he couldn't comprehend what he just saw, he mashed his lips harder and looked down at the ground.

"Bhrata Duryodhan, are you alright." Said Dussassan from behind in a teasing tone.

Duryodhan nodded his head.

"What now Duri- get back to work." Said Devpriya yelling.

"Stop calling me that-" Shouted Duryodhan.

Devpriya giggled, as something was about to cook.

Hello, I hope everyone is doing great, I have my exams going on which will end on 2nd Feb, till then I might post chapters i little later than usual, and for all of my board girlies, I wish you all the best of luck 👍✨️crack it hard !!!

And happy What do we say Returns of Ram ?? 🥳💕🚩🕉

Sanatan he satya hai 🕉🚩

Q. What do you think Duryodhan and Devpriya are gonna make a good couple ??? 🤪

Thank you so much for reading :)

Please vote comment and share.