Ch 69

Knock Knock Knock, Il-hyun woke up to the sound of knocking, which had disturbed his sleep. He stood up and looked at the clock by his bedside. The large letters indicated that it was 6:00 a.m. He got out of bed and walked to the front door. Park Tae-soo is standing there as he opened the door.

His expression was similar to the day when Il-hyun collapsed after being shot during the inauguration ceremony a year ago. What made him so agitated when he was always expressionless? Il-hyun could tell something had gone wrong right away. Tae-soo lowered his head with an apologetic face.

“I think you should go outside and see.”

Il-hyun was dressed in a black gown that covered his bare upper body. When he went downstairs with Tae-soo, the house chef, who hadn’t slept all morning, came out of the kitchen and looked at him with worry. Il-hyun walked out the front door, leaving her behind.

Employees who had been standing guard all night had gathered, and a car caught his eye. It was the same car Lee Ja-kyung rode out to work yesterday. The car’s body and glass have been remodeled to make it impenetrable to most bullets. There are three men with their hands behind their backs next to it, including Park Seong-soo, who was following Ja-kyung and his brothers last night.

They looked at Il-hyun and bowed deeply.

“I’m sorry, sir. It’s our negligence. I didn’t even check who was in the car because I trusted the GPS. I will gladly accept any punishment.”

They were prepared to commit seppuku if given an order. Il-hyun’s gaze moved to the side. The man he had never seen before was kneeling on the floor and sobbing. When one of the staff stood him up, he turned pale and shook his head.

“I really don’t know anything! They asked me to drive the car here. That’s all. Help me!”

In an unusual atmosphere, the man kneels on the floor and cried. In front of him was a bundle of money, which appeared to have been given to him by Lee Ja-kyung. Il-hyun moved slowly to the trunk. The rear window has visible bullet marks. He bumped it violently last night, he could tell without checking.

“Open it.”

One of his subordinates quickly opens the trunk when he heard Il-hyun’s cold voice. There were loads of clothes, shoes, and firearms they were wearing. Il-hyun kept his mouth shut and reached into his pocket for his cell phone.

When he dialed Lee Ja-kyung’s number, [Honey] appeared on his phone’s screen. A vibration was heard near the trunk’s corner. Tae-soo quickly took it out. Park Tae-soo, who was looking at the screen, hesitated for a moment. Il-hyun held out his hand, and Tae-soo handed it to him.

Il-hyun smiled as he looked at Lee Jakyung’s cell phone in his hand.

[Bastard]

A burst of laughter broke out. It’s even more amazing when he put it side by side with his cell phone. Honey and the Bastard. Doesn’t it clearly show what the relationship between the two is like and how vain delusion he was alone?

He thought Lee Ja-kyung didn’t sign a contract with him was just a bluff. He mistakenly thought he had performed half of it by the time he visited a flower shop he had never visited before, chose a flower that would suit him for a long time, and returned home with it.

He made a reservation at a restaurant he didn’t usually visit in anticipation of having lunch together during the day. There would not be such a fool. Tae-soo as the leader came to the side with his eyes closed.

“I ordered to check all CCTVs nearby. They wouldn’t have gone far. I will definitely find them.”

When Il-hyun opened his eyes, they glowed like poisonous snake. He smoked after he lit a cigarette. He just stared at the car in which Lee Ja-kyung was riding, his mouth shut tight enough to burn all the cigarettes. Even the air around him was cold.