Chapter Twenty Five

Start from the beginning

"Aashu, I want truth, Please" looking at her brother who was on verge of breaking down Aashi couldn't control any longer and whispered the words he dreaded to hear, he felt the ground slipping away from his feet when his sister said same words as her mother "Pranitha di is married to Agastya bhaiya Bhai" at that one moment Arjun looked lost and tired.
"But not willingly bhaiya, We all believed you were dead, Mumma forced didi telling her it's your last wish even Pranitha dii tried to commit suic...." Aashi didn't stop by only announcing the bad news to her brother but went further to explain things, Shraddha's eyes widened and she pulled Aashi on her foot and raised her hand to slap her which was held by Karan who shook his head  and pulled Aashi behind him.

"You have made the mistake now own it Mumma, Did you really believe that we will keep bhaiya in dark and let him hate Pranitha dii after what she has gone through" Karan chuckled angrily and looked at his brother "We will not, specially not us" he signed towards himself and Aashi "We were there watching the life draining out from her with our two naked eyes when she sliced her wrist open, We aren't settling for anything but truth Mumma and Bhaiya needs to know it all to decide" and the cloud of pain and truth burst showering Arjun with everything that has happened in last one year of his absence.

____________//\\____________

Back to Raghuwanshi Mansion
_------------------------------------------------------_

Agastya's Birthday day---

The evening was tensed, everyone could feel the tension between Agastya and Pranitha, the way they were glancing at each other and the way they were avoiding to be beside each other everything was transparent and open unhidden by everyone's eyes, but they both weren't the only one who Aashi and Karan was also giving each other worried glances, Shraddha's lips were set straight into thin linear line and her glare was directed to Pranitha.

The dinner went awfully quite, no one tried to initiate any sort of conversation, everyone was lost in their thought thinking about one or another, The seniors retired back to the room after dinner but as per Aashi and Karan's request Pranitha and Agastya joined them for drinks.

"Agastya cannot drink Aashi" Pranitha straightly declined taking the glass of rum Aashi has offered to Agastya "His surgery is at the end of month and with the heavy medication he is taking It's not good for his health" She politely explained her point and took a sip from the glass offered to Agastya.

"Arey Pranitha bhabhi, it's Agastya bhaiya birthday, he can have atleast one shot" Aashi pressed mixing a 30 ml drunk and passing it to Agastya who shook his head in denial.

"Arey bhaiya, just one sip" She raised her brows and Agastya finally took the glass out of her hand and took a sip before setting the glass on handle of his wheelchair, he frowned seeing how carelessly Aashi is offering drinks to Pranitha like she is purposely trying to get her drunk, Pranitha was on her fifth shot of Vodka and nowhere looked in her senses, she was smiling with tears falling down from her eyes at same time.

"Pranitha" Agastya reached out to her worryingly and held her hand stopping her from drinking any more "Stop Pari, It's enough" he whispered taking the glass away from her hand and heard words of disapproval on his action but didn't pay a heed.

"Gwivve mwee bwack that fwaat ass drink" Pranitha slurred trying to reach out for the glass in his hand whom Agastya held little more far keeping it out of her reach.

"Pranitha, You are drinking no more, stop" He pushed the rouge hair falling on her face behind and caressed her cheeks while she puffed and huffed like a kid.

"I want to drink" she pouted and held his hand with both of her hands and shaked his hands "Give it twooo mweee Agasty" She looked up at him with her same brown beautiful eyes, for a minute Agastya's resolve weaver and he felt like handing her back the glass but at the last moment did something completely against it.

"No" he said sternly and she left his hand pouting angrily.

"You always does this, You never give me what I want" she retorted now growing angry on him.

"Pranitha bhabhi, Why don't we go and take some fresh air in garden, till then we will mix another shot for you" Aashi carefully said gaining Agastya's attention, Agastya's suspicion on their weird behaviour was growing with each passing second, he has noticed how they touched little of alcohol and get Pranitha drunk purposely.

"Aashi, you both don't need to go outside, It's 11 am and also it's cold outside" He said trying not to sound and look rude and somewhere succeeded seeing how Aashi once again pressed that fresh air might help Pranitha to get into her senses, now Agastya didn't protest, he knew Aashi and Karan could never think about harming Pranitha, and he was also curious to know why they both were so adamant on getting her drunk and now on sending her outside.

"Pranitha go and have some fresh air along with Aashi" he softly whispered to the woman who has her head placed on his leg, Pranitha shook her head closing her eyes.

"Let's go Bhabhi" without giving any heed to Pranitha's protest Aashi pulled Pranitha back on her feet and dragged her outside not before giving a smile to Agastya and a 'take care of the things inside' eyes to her brother.

The cold breeze of night made Pranitha shiver, she look at Aashi and pouted "No, Not want to go out, want to go in" she pointed at door in childish manner and tried to get her arm freed by Aashi.

"No Pranitha dii, We will take a walk there" Aashi said and pointed her finger at a particular direction making Pranitha follow the line of her finger, her eyes found a silhouette standing at the end of garden and it looked familiar, even her hazy and drunk mind could guess the silhouette of the man, Aashi's grip on Pranitha's loosened and now without any support Pranitha made her way towards the silhouette with tears brimming in her eyes.

Arjun saw her stumbling
her way towards him and ached to run forward to hold her but held himself and watched her closing the distance between them, her eyes were raining, nose has turned red, her lips were quivering and she looked on verge of fainting when she reached him, a chuckle left her mouth and she reached to touch him giddily and giggled when she was able to touch him, she turned back to look at Aashi who was far behind them and was watching them from the distance only.

"Arjun" she giggled and laughed looking back at Aashi wanting to know that whether Aashi can also see him but when Aashi's face remained nonchalant without showing any ounce of emotion she turned back to her Arjun, her grip around his hand tightening fearing that he will fade away and it would be nothing but a dream.

"Arjun" a cry left her mouth and she threw her hands around him and hugged him tightly making him wrap his hand around her and hug her back, and it wasn't only Pranitha's eyes which were raining, it was his as well.

_____________________