6 ✧ Sleep

Y/n and Blade sat on the couch together, watching a comedy this time. Although neither of them were laughing. It had been two days since the mission and Kafka only came out of that room to fetch food and bring it back. The remaining 3 enjoyed the time off, but Y/n needed something to do.

"When do you think miss Kafka is going to come out. And who is that woman that's hogging her" y/n crossed her arms

"They have a complicated relationship. Forbidden love you could say" Blade replied , he was tired, he hadn't slept in nearly a week and it was catching up to him - and y/n could tell.

"Come here" she uncrossed her arms and tapped her lap "lay your head and close your eyes. This movie is boring anyways."

"That's thoughtful of you but I can't sleep." He replied

"Doesn't matter. You will at least be in comfort. It is my duty to serve my life for you" y/n smiled adoringly at Blade, he covered his face with his hand for a second, feeling his cheeks heat up. He was getting embarrassed. "And miss Kafka and Silver Wolf of course"

He would be lying if he said he wasn't a tad disappointed at the last statement.

"Okay" he finally agrees and gets comfortable "Thank you."

"You mustn't thank me Blade. It's my duty to get stronger, take care of you guys and please you all in the best way I can" she spoke softly, Blade closed his eyes and found himself nuzzling onto y/n. His arms wrapped around her waist while he rested.

She was right, he was now in comfort. Cuddling wasn't unusual for them, but Blade couldn't understand why he's never done this before. He was completely used to being exhausted, he was okay with not having a true place of peace and comfort.

But now that he found something - someone that can provide him the comfort he has always lacked, he started to crave it more.

So this is comfort.

He thought to himself.

I quite like it.

And he fell into a slumber.
But when he woke up the next morning, he was alone. He could hear distant chatter coming from the kitchen, he got up and walked towards the noise.

Just then he realised that right now, he was the only man present. He walked into the kitchen to find Silver Wolf, Kafka, y/n and Himeko chatting.

The room fell silent for a second until Kafka spoke up

"Ah hello Bladie, here meet Himeko. She's met everyone except you"

They all sat together and chatted for minutes. Until Silver Wolf slammed her hand on the table checking her watch.

"Someone is requesting.. a hologram?" She inspected it "Its from the Xianzhou Luofu, they were quite bad at covering their location"

"Accept it, I'm curious" Kafka smiled and let go off Himeko "You go back to the room, no one can know you are here" the red head obediently did as told.

A handsome man appeared on the hologram, he had a build similar to Blade, yet he looked more gentle. Perhaps it was the white hair and the soft smile he naturally wore on his lips, this man looked.. peaceful.

"Oh? The General? What pleasure do I owe you?" Kafka walked closer towards silver wolf, taking the watch from her and placing it on the middle of the table. The white haired man could now see Kafka and Y/n next to her, and in the corner, he saw the long black hair of a figure much familiar to him.

"Stellaron hunters. Hate to break your ego Kafka but I'm not contacting your base for you." His eyes wandered around and landed softly on y/n "Her."

"I don't know who you are but don't use that tone on miss Kafka" y/n stepped in front of Kafka in a manner to protect her from the man "Besides, you are NOT getting my bounty from those Jarlio scum"

"Ah so you really don't remember me. Its a shame" he smiled softly despite the disappointment in his words "I know you Y/n. I know everything you want to know"

"What are you scheming general?" Kafka was growing impatient "I don't know what you have up your sleeve now, but this gem is mine. She lives for the Stellaron hunters and you can't take her from me. From us" she grabbed Blade by the arm and pulled him closer, Silver Wolf watching from the sidelines eating her popcorn.

"Ugh" The generals face went from calm to total disgust "I was not planning on seeing a face so familiar yet so annoying to look at today. No matter. Y/n come to the Xianzhou Luofu, tell them your name and you'll be let in. I have all the answers you seek."

"She doesnt-"

"You are mistaken." Y/n spoke up and cut off Blade, she instead got between Kafka and Blade and linked their arms together "I live for them because they saved me. I don't care about my past or any answers about my family or whatever you might know. For I don't live for myself, I live for them."

There was silence.

"I didn't imagine reuniting with you would be this painful" he mumbled "Ill be in touch.. dear"

The hologram went off and they were left stunned.

"Ima go nap" Silver Wolf left

"I'm going to squeeze some information out of Himeko. I need to be ahead for whenever that man comes into contact with us again."

Kafka ran off and it was just y/n and Blade now.

"How're you feeling Blade?" She linked her arm with him and they walked to the sofa , she turned on the tv and they sat down together .

"Me and that man have a.. past" he didn't elaborate, but he looked exhausted. Y/n also had bags under her eyes, and he noticed that.

When I was exhausted, she allowed me to rest on her lap and I felt better.

Blade thought to himself.

So perhaps if I offer my lap, she'll feel better. Return the favour.

"You can use my lap if you're tired" for some reason he blushed when he said that, it was faint but his face burned up and his cheeks turned light pink.

"Thank you Blade you're too nice to me" she smiled. Except instead of laying on him, she sat sideways on his lap, her arms wrapped around him and her head resting on his chest. And she instantly fell asleep.

He was stunned at first, but after hearing her calm breaths, he relaxed. It was comforting for him having the girl he cares about be so relaxed with him. He got comfortable and wrapped his arms around her and lightly placed his head on top of hers.

The two of them fell asleep, soundly and comfortable together on the sofa.

Meanwhile, a certain white haired general, cried to sleep for the first time in a long long time.

~

Art creds:

Art creds: