Yan Yan's skin was fair and her physique was upright and sturdy but also filled with elasticity. It was different from the softness of other girls. This made the palace made a little astonished, but she didn't express it on the surface.

After wiping her dry, the palace maid brought over a crimson set of innerwear and helped her put it on.
When Yan Yan came out of the bathroom, Luo Huai Yuan wasn't in the palace hall.

A palace maid walked over and reported quietly: "His highness went to bathe."

Yan Yan nodded and sat down in front of the makeup counter. She had the palace maids help her take out her hairpins, allowing her jet-black hair to fall loose.

The palace maids' movements were very light and Yan Yan wasn't used to it. Only now did she feel a weird sense of being out of place due to not having her own maids. Actually, it was clear that the maids in normal households couldn't be compared to those in the palace. They relied on their meticulousness to remain in the palace, and each had their own strong points.

However, this was still the palace and Luo Huai Yuan didn't have any backing here. It was better to be a little more careful.

Thinking of this, Yan Yan said "you may all take your leave" and had all the palace maids leave. She slowly used the comb to brush her own hair.

After Yan Yan was done, Luo Huai Yuan wasn't back yet. She looked around and saw a large chest in the corner. This chest was something Yan Yan had brought into the palace. Her dowry had all been sent to the fourth prince estate, but since she had to remain in the palace for two nights, she needed some daily necessities with her.

Looking at this chest, Yan Yan recalled what her mom had secretly stuffed her last night, and told her she had to look them over prior to entering the nuptial chamber. However, Yan Yan wasn't in the mood to do so last night, so she had Mei Xiang put it into the chest.

She walked over and flipped through the chest for a while before finally fishing out two things made of jade. One was in the shape of a watermelon and one in the shape of a large peanut. These things were about the size of a palm and were exquisitely crafted. They seemed to be alive. There was a crack in the middle that seemed like it could be opened.

Yan Yan grabbed the objects and got in bed. She sat cross-legged and prepared to open them up.
She first chose to open the jade watermelon. She lightly pulled at it and it came apart.

The watermelon split in half, forming two circular lids. On the bottom half there were two small figures carved upon it. These two figures were extremely lifelike, and their eyes could be clearly seen. One was a woman and the other was a man. They were both completely naked and tangled together in a very strange pose.

Opening the "peanut", the same thing was inside though the poses were different.

Yan Yan felt a little confused. Why did her mom give her these things, and tell her to look at them prior to entering the nuptial chamber? Were they practicing martial arts? Yan Yan looked closely and felt that they were practicing martial arts.

But why weren't they wearing clothes?

She recalled Lady Hui telling her that there were some secret martial arts techniques that were never spread. Perhaps this sort of technique required the absence of clothing, and also needed a man and a woman to practice together?

The moment Luo Huai Yuan returned, he saw this scene.

His little consort wore an extremely thin red silk robe, her long soft hair scattered behind her. Her jade neck and feet that were revealed looked extremely cute and made his heart ache. In her hands, she held an "upgraded version of an erotic painting" as she pondered and analyzed...