Chapter 8

Arohi, her heart heavy with the burden of lies, declared defiantly, "If anyone wants to believe."

She turned away, leaving behind a storm of emotions. Meanwhile, Manish received a call from Mimi, who couldn't attend the pooja due to feeling unwell. Mimi confessed to a mistake—she had accidentally written Arohi's name instead of Akshara's in the thali from the Goenka mansion. Shocked, Manish shared this revelation with everyone present.

Guilt washed over Akshara, and a similar sentiment gripped the rest of the Goenkas. However, Manish, reassured Akshara and suggested they continue with the pooja. Despite the unsettling revelation, he encouraged them to proceed and assured Akshara that they could rectify the situation.

Neil observed the scene with disbelief, while Manjari suggested postponing the pooja for another day to ensure a more positive atmosphere. Reluctantly, the Goenkas agreed, and Abhimanyu stood there, seemingly oblivious to the discussions around him. Arohi's words echoed in his mind, the hurt and anger painting his eyes with a shade of red that betrayed the turmoil within.

Meanwhile ; Arohi sat on a bench beside the temple, her eyes clouded with tears that mirrored the storm within. Gasping for air, she
battled against the suffocating grip of
anxiety that threatened to engulf her.

The evening breeze carried whispers of her desperation as she fumbled for her phone, clutching it tightly in her trembling hands. With a quivering breath, she opened a cherished photo of her parents, their smiling faces frozen in time. The ache in her heart spilled over into words, spoken softly as if carried away by the wind.
"Mummaa, Papa... yahan koi mujh par bharosa nahi karta. Koi sunna nahi chahta. Agar aap dono yahan hote, toh aap samajh jaate, na? I never felt this lonely"
Her cries echoed, a lament for the understanding support she craved.

Goenka family members prepared to leave the temple. Akshara, with a sense of responsibility, exchanged polite goodbyes with the Birla family. She cast a fleeting glance towards Abhimanyu. Sensing the gravity of the situation, Akshara decided to reach out to Abhimanyu over the phone. She didn't want to add to the existing drama.

Neil approached Abhimanyu gently, "Bhayya, chalein? "

Abhimanyu, still grappling with his thoughts, mumbled a faint acknowledgment, "Hmm"

As they reached the side of the car, Manjari, "aap sab log jaao... Main thoda aur samay yahan bitana chahti hoon."

The rest of the Birla family nodded in agreement. Abhimanyu, though seemingly lost in his own world, managed to utter a quiet "Theek hai" before heading towards the car with Neil.

As Arohi sat on the bench, her tears betraying the turmoil within, she suddenly felt a comforting touch on her shoulder. Startled, she turned to find Manjari, who had excused herself from the Birla family to check on her.

"Aunty, aap yahan?" Arohi asked, quickly wiping away her tears.

Manjari, with a gentle smile, asked if she could sit beside her. Arohi nodded, still surprised by the unexpected visit. Manjari sensed Arohi's distress and said, "Beta, main jaanti hoon tum theek nahi ho. Jo mandir mein hua, woh hona nahi chahiye tha."

Her eyes, softened by empathy, reflected a shared pain. Placing a comforting hand on Arohi's head, Manjari continued, "I'm sorry, beta. Jo bhi ho raha hai, woh meri wajah se hai. Agar maine pehle se hi Abhimanyu se shaadi ki baat clear kar di hoti, toh yeh sab nahi hota."

Arohi, holding back tears, reassured Manjari, "Aunty, aapki koi galti nahi hai. Please sorry mat feel kariye. Jo hona tha, ho gaya."

Manjari, wanting to express her remorse, apologized again, "Main tumse maafi chahti hoon, beta."