22

We spent the next few hours socializing and talking with a great number of families

We spent the next few hours socializing and talking with a great number of families. Also very important families. They all mentioned how great it was that we were together and how well they would look for the company and our fathers eventually passed something down to us. But I couldn't shake the feeling that my dad and Ward have been planning this for a long time because if we weren't to get on the company wouldn't survive. But I was even more surprised that they had been speaking about this for a long time as if they knew that's something would happen between me and Rafe.

But while speaking away with these families Rafe flirted and spoke so highly of me as if we were actually a couple. He liked doing all the light touches that he knew was driving me insane and he liked leaving small kisses on my temple. This was more than trying to show me off to people, this felt like he had been wanting to do this for a long time.

Topper and Kelce came into view. "Boys" Rafe nodded his head at them, my arm still linked with his. Their eyes fell to it then up to me. "So is this making it official yet?" Topper smirked as I shook my head. "Not yet she just needs to give in" Rafe smirked back. "Wait they know?" I gasped as all three of them smiled. "Of course we do Iz, we've been wanting it to happen for years" Kelce laughed as I took another mouthful of my drink finishing it in one. "We know you wanted it just as much as him" Topper wiggled his brows as I rolled my eyes. "Now it's just time for you to get rid of the Pogues" Kelce smirked at the group.

"They are my friends too guys" I said as Rafe handed me another drink from a passing waiter. "Well why is that one giving you dirty looks then?" Topper pointed to Kie who was watching from a far. "Let me speak to her" I hummed handing my glass to Kelce, breaking from Rafe's grip but he pulled me back.

"Rafe please?" I gave him pleading eyes but was meet with dark ones in return. "I will come straight back....please" I pleaded with big brown eyes looking up to him I knew that begging would have been his little kink after all he always has the dominance and that's what dominant men like. His face remained hard but gave me a small nod and let me slip away into the crowd chasing after kie.

I weaved in and out of people and found her at the edge of the party, distance away from listening eyes. "Kie" I breathed as I went to tap her shoulder, but she was quick to shrug me off. "You bitch Izzy" She quietly spat her eyes raging with tears. I stood in confusion staring at her. "What Kie?" I hissed growing frustrated. Kie had a flare and a need for the dramatics sometimes. "You and Rafe, come on Izzy he is the enemy, he made your life a living hell and now I know why. He is obsessed with you! I see the way you looked at each other that night at the movie screening and now it all makes sense, you like him too" She yelled looking at me disappointment.

"So what Kie? What would be so wrong if I want to like him? Why should that affect us?" I yelled back not bothering that I could hear footsteps coming from behind me. She tried to scramble for an answer which made me roll my eyes. "This whole Kook and Pogue shit is relevant to me and you know that. Anything you tell me I wouldn't tell them simply because I don't care for this war you all have" I hissed as her body froze at my honesty.