'Shut up. Go get in the car. I'll go find her.' I push him lightly

'The prince is going to save his princess.' Taehyung pretended to faint, putting his hand on his forehead and throwing himself on Jungkook, who picked him up princess style, acting along

I am just going to run before someone sees me with them.

I was headed towards the courtoom where I've last seen her, and only ran into her father instead.

'Oh, Mr. Moon.' I bow. 'Have you seen Shinae around?'

'No. I thought she was with you, to be honest.'

'No, Sir.'

'Speaking of Shinae... You are in love with her, aren't you?'

Am I seriously that fucking obvious? But then again, this man is more perceptive than normal people, so I'm not that surprised.

'And don't bother yourself with lying. I already know. I wouldn't ask otherwise.' He is smiling, but it somehow doesn't look pleasant. It's actually... quite uncomfortable

'I wasn't going to lie, Sir. There is no point, is there?' I tried to smile, hoping that I don't look constipated instead. 'But... yes. I do love her.'

'Yes, I can see that.' He chuckled, making my skin prickle for some reason. 'How much do you love her?'

'I didn't know that it could be measured, Sir. I could tell you more than anything, but I'm not sure if you would believe me or not.' I muttered some nonsense, feeling extremely uncomfortable with him staring me down like this

'Do you love her enough to make her happy?'

'That's all I want for her, Sir.'

'I know a way you can make her happy.' He smiles

'How?'

'Leave.'

'Sorry, what?' I ask in confusion

'Leave. Clear and simple. You are not a match for her.'

Okay, dickhead. As if you need to explain that to me. I'm not that stupid.

'I already know that. She could do a million times better than me. I am already aware of it. But I really do love her. I don't want to leave her. And we are not together anyway. At least not yet.'

'And you will never be.'

At this point, I kind of want to punch him in the face.

'I understand why you would love her, but you... You can't give her anything.' He scoffed, looking me up and down like I'm the most disgusting thing he's ever seen. 'You are nothing more than a child. A poor one at that. Do you know that she paid for the entire trial herself? She even paid for all those flights and expenses for all the people who witnessed on your behalf. What could you ever possibly give to her?'

'I-I had no idea-'

'Of course. She wouldn't tell you. She lied and said the one who loses pays.' He laughed, grabbing his chest, finding it sinisterly funny. 'Seems she unfortunately shares your feelings.' That part he added with nothing but pure disgust

'I didn't decide to have a life like this. But now that I'm able to find a job again-'

'A simple job won't give you the right to be with her. You don't deserve her.'

'Sir, I'm sorry, but this has nothing to do with you. I'm truly grateful for your help, and I will happily pay for everything you've done for me when I get paid, but what happens between me and her, is exactly that. Between us.'

'I don't need your money. I didn't do anything but sit on the chair, so I don't want it. It was all her to be honest.' He stepped closer, eyeing me down. 'But what happend between the two of you is most definitely my business. I will not have my daughter with someone like you.'

'And what is that? Someone like me?' I squint

'An insulent, immature child who couldn't even go to college.' He nearly spat it out at me

'Unfrotunately for most of us, we didn't have the luxury of growing up in a family with money.'

'Not my issue. But you will have a different kind of issue if you don't back away.'

'Are you threatening me, sir?'

'No. But I'm about to, so listen carefully.' He almost walked right into my face, and I was this close to smacking him, but his words took all that anger and turned it to shock. 

'If you don't leave, I won't take it out on you. I will take it out on her.'

I looked at him with pure shock, wondering what in the fuck is wrong with this guy.

'If you and her end up together, everything she has, everything she owns, she will lose it all. I will disown her. Not only will she lose her home, but she will lose all the money. And she will lose her degree. Can't go to school if she can't pay for it.'

'I'll give her all the money I got. I don't care. I'll pay for her school.'

'Not if she can't even get in. And trust me, I can make sure she doesn't get into a single one. And don't even think of telling her about this. One word, and she can say her career goodbye.'

'You would do that to your own daughter?! What kind of a father are you!?'

'The kind that wants the best for his child. And that is not you. So you can decide what you think is more important to her. You, or her life. And I hope you think of her when you make yor decision.'

FLASHBACK END

*knock knock*
'Jimin-'

'LEAVE ME THE FUCK ALONE!' I screamed so hard my throat hurt, but I just can't be around anyone right now. I just want to be left alone. With her. But that won't happen.

I'm sorry, Nae, but I will never be the reason you lose your life. I hate myself for hurting you, but I would rather do that than watch you lose everything you worked for.

You will forget about me soon enough. You can do better. You will do better. Maybe that damned guy you're marrying is the one.

Maybe in another life.

Either way, baby,

I will always love you.