[ 20 ]

***•_•***

***•_•***

Haneul was opening the door for San so late at night and her furtive attitude had him desperate to know why on Earth she'd rang him up at 9pm telling him to come over because it was so deadly important.

"Nuna-"

"Shhh keep it down! Eomma and Appa don't know you're here. Actually they're asleep.", she glanced around, "Come with me."

San followed closely behind her, holding her hand to avoid tripping over anything. She led him to her room and shut the door quietly.

"Is everything okay?"

"No.", Haneul breathed out, "I was so shocked, San-ah. Nothing made sense-"

"Woah woah. What didn't make sense?"

"Two days ago, I woke up at like 11 cause I needed to take a piss. But when I left the room, I noticed the door to Eomma's room was opened and when I went to check on her, she wasn't there. I just assumed she went to use the toilet but then I noticed the light outside the house was on. You know how it turns on the moment someone moves? I went to check at the window and saw her pulling an envelope out of the mail box. It was brown."

"Brown?-"

"Yeah. And she was being so quiet. At some point I thought she was drug dealing. And I needed to know what was in that envelope so I snuck into her room last night and found it. San you won't believe what I saw."

"W-What did you see?"

Haneul held her breath as she brought the envelope out from her drawer and handed it to him. San opened it slowly, glancing once at Haneul then back to the envelope. He pulled out the contents and gasped, slapping his hand over his mouth.

"W-Why does Eomma have this?"

"I don't know, San-ah. But that, for sure, will give her reasons to never accept Wooyoung?"

"But this isn't Wooyoung. I mean it technically is but this- he was forced into this- I-", San flicked through photographs of Wooyoung being used back in high school and uni.

"I know it wasn't his choice, San-ah. Wooyoung seems like a responsible boy."

"I don't get it- I need to speak to Eomma about this-"

"No San-ah you can't! If she finds out I snuck into her room last night, she'll freak out!"

San groaned. Was this what his parents had the whole time they were pestering him about his relationship with Wooyoung?