Chapter four:Tiffany

It's Monday morning and i am all ready to go for morning practice at school,i feel lucky this morning because i slept early yesterday after i and Henry spent the day at the movies. "Alina would be proud of me because i will be the first person to set foot into the studio today."
Henry is dropping me at school today so i do not need to stress about giving his truck a hard kick.
"Why don't you just take your truck to the car crusher." I giggle as i point at the truck.
"I think it would be better if you take it yourself,it seems like you don't like driving it obviously ." Henry frowns his face as he reverse his G-wagon and we hit the road.
He didn't say a word to me as he keeps driving and i know he might be thinking about his dad because of the joke i made about taking his dad's truck to the car crusher.
Henry's dad passed away in a car accident on his way to Henry's graduation at UCLA last year. His parents got divorced when he was in seventh grade and his mom left him and his dad in California,since then Henry's life has been uncomfortable for him growing up without his mom.
i feel so sorry for him when he gets into this mood when ever someone says something that reminds him of his dad.his mom was never there for him when he needed her as a kid because she chose to live an extraordinary social life as an actress.she has gotten away with it but Henry always says she will come looking for him one day and he will also turn his back on her as she did to him and his dad.
   I don't think that's a good idea for someone like Henry because he deserves more people who will love him and always be there for him.
"Are you okay bub?" I ask as we approach the parking lot in the school.
Henry turns to look at me with a faint smile, "I am okay tiffi." He parks the car and waits for me to get down but i refuse to.
"What are you waiting for ?" He stares at me in amazement "do you want your instructor to chase you out of the studio for coming late again." he laughs and lands his palm on my tigh.
"Maybe she might just put you in her bag and take you to her kids as a toy ."
I don't want to fall for Henry's jokes this morning because i know he is struggling to act alright.i grab his hands and give it a peck " you don't need to hide what you are feeling right now bub."
I know it's hard to live your kind of life but you shouldn't let it get to you.i squeeze his hand softly as i try to comfort him.
"I will always be there when ever you need me,I promise." Henry smiled as i said that.
"I love you baby ."
"I love you more bub." i give him a peck on his cheek and gently get out of the car.
As i am walking ,I can still feel Henry gazing at me through the window of his car. He does that every time he drops me off at school.
   "if I were a super hero I would hire Henry as my side kick because he is always ready to push away any guy that wants to come my way."Henry is so overprotective and the most jealous guy i know in my life.
I keep walking without turning to look at him as I enter the school i start to think about the kind of girls Henry meets when he travels.maybe he has a side chick somewhere else, who knows?
I am not the jealous kind of girl and i don't want to be but for Henry to be this kind of overprotective i am starting to suspect him. After all i also have the right to get jealous.he gets away with controlling my life because I don't bother about knowing the people he hangs out with.
"What're you thinking about minion?" Ashley says in a loud voice as she comes running behind me and gives me a playful kick on my back.
"Ouch! I groan as i turn to frown at her.
"I have something exciting to tell you,guess what?"She reach out to my hand as we walk and keeps smiling.
"What's so exciting about what you want to tell me,I hope you're not going to talk about Triston,"I say letting go of her hand as I look at her with suspicion.
Hahahhh,I know you don't want to talk about Triston but he really wants to be friends with you tiffi. There is a party at his place tonight and he wants you to be there, please.
I can't go ash, Henry is around!
For god's sake tiffi ,when will you stop living by that grumpy dudes instructions . "he doesn't own you or your life,he is just your boyfriend." Ashley pulls the door to the studio aggressively and we get in.
I start to stretch my body as i stay silent and listen to Ashley mumbling words i can't clearly hear.
Anytime i have a fight with Ashley,it's always because of the way Henry controls me.I know she cares about me a lot but sometimes i prefer if she stays out of my relationship with Henry.
"Ptss,ptss Ashley!" I murmur. Can I get your attention please?
She quickly let go of her bag as she was searching for something i don't know and comes to me.
"Please say yes,please! Please!! Please!!!"
"How did you know what's on my mind?" I say as i give her a silly look.
"I know you tiffi, you are always nice,maybe that's why Henry gets away with it when ever he hurts you."
"Enough ash." Let's concentrate on warming up before everyone gets here
Ashley slides her feet on the floor as she claps her hands "Ev-ree-body get in-tuh po-zish-un." She says mimicking the way Alina speaks. We both laugh continuously.
   And about the party,i will go if we won't stay long.promise?
   Yeah! Pinky promise.Ashley pause for a moment after her last sentence, her lower lip caught between her teeth, as if she was considering her words carefully.
   As we chat and warmup the other students start to pop up one by one and some in pairs.Suddenly,Alina comes into the studio late for the first time.
   She looks so angry today ,as she yells my voice i quickly flinch because i know she is going to make me do something i don't want to do.
   Tiffany!
   You will dance with max today because it seems like you both have similar dancing skills.
   "Ok ma'am." I frown as i slowly move forward to stand beside max.I just feel so uncomfortable standing next to max because he just can't take his eyes off me.
   Max has been crushing on me since our first year in Juilliard and Ashley has been forcing me to give him my attention but i just don't want to hurt Henry's feelings and i know I might end up falling for max with the way things are moving between Henry and me. "We just can't manage a day without having a small or serious fight."
   "You may proceed." Alina says as she gives me a suspicious look,i know she can sense the uncomfortableness in my body.
   Max lifts my hand, and i slowly spin in a graceful circle, my short skirt flare out like a blooming flower. He catches me in his arms, our bodies pressed together in a perfect embrace. The music swells, and we both move together, our steps perfectly match as we spin and whirl around the room.
   Our eyes never left each other's as we glide across the floor.max and i are so focused on each other that the world around us disappeared,living only the two of us in a moment of perfect connection.
   "Impressive." Alina says as she and the other students clap. While i try to take off max's hands lying calmly on my waist.
   Henry couldn't come and pick me up so Ashley gave me a ride back home today.as we pull in front of my house, Ashley reminds me about Triston's party again.
   "Don't forget the party is at six tonight."
   "I won't ash, don't forget to come and pick me,because Henry would never give me a ride to a party he is also not going."
   Ashley smirks "get out of my car," she pushes me playfully. "I don't want you to change your mind again because you've just mentioned Henry's name ."
   I get out from the car without saying a word to Ashley.i don't want us to quarrel right now because of Henry.