13. A Clash between Students

Comenzar desde el principio

The last time she heard him use that tone of voice.....was from back then....

No, no time to think about that now. She needed to get ready. She knew well enough that Beryl wouldn't run after her. He would most likely stay to try and distract this woman, to stall for Ruby to leave and find help. That was the plan, she thinks.  Besides, she had full faith that Beryl might even just beat this woman! He is strong. She recalls several instances in the past where Beryl had gotten into fights and came out unscathed, even managed to win a 10 v 1 against their middle school's ' delinquent ' group with his bare hands alone....

Ruby releases a breath. He'll be fine. He'll win, she believes that fully.

...........

I'm sorry, Ruby. Beryl apologizes to her in his mind. Things aren't definite yet, but he knew that the odds were against his favour this time around. It's not likely he could beat this woman in a straight fight. But as long as Ruby escaped, then he will have win the gamble.

" Planning to run away, are we? " The woman-- Amasawa -- spoke, her widening grin indicates that she knew exactly what they were planning. " Let's see how that goes then~" She sung, wickedly.

Ruby flinches hearing the tone of her voice. She could sense the malicious intent behind it, and terrible scenarios began making its way to her head..... but she dismisses all of them. She has to watch for Beryl's signal.

Beryl begins the count, keeping his eyes on the woman, watching her every miniscule move.

Three.....

He hopes that Ruby's idol training will have paid off. He knows she has built stamina over the last few weeks with her daily jogs.... 

Two....

Make it home, Ruby. That is all your brother asks of you. Don't worry about him.

One....

No matter what, stay alive.

.........

With the subtle flick of his wrist, Ruby immediately began to act. She spun around, digging her heel to the ground, as she was ready to run like her life depended on it within that fraction of a second.

But so was Amasawa.